Vibe Beach Club

15 minutes ago, KyleDefends said:

My wife and I have the Vibe booked for our March 9 cruise on the Joy.  We cannot wait to give it a try and to see the new refurbishments.

This may be a silly question, but is there anything we need to do once we board?  Can we go to the Vibe with our sea pass and just walk in or do we need to check in first somewhere else?

Thanks

Yes.  Your keycard will be programmed so it will open the magic door!  We always go first thing.  You will not have a wristband yet, but that is ok. 

When you gain access to your cabin later in the day the wristbands will be there with a Vibe welcome letter that will have the hours of operation for your cruise.  Once the bartenders recognize you (within a day) you won’t need the wristbands.  
Enjoy!   We’ve been on the Joy twice and have another cruise on her next March. Anxious to hear about the new thermal spa..

13 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Yes.  Your keycard will be programmed so it will open the magic door!  We always go first thing.  You will not have a wristband yet, but that is ok. 

When you gain access to your cabin later in the day the wristbands will be there with a Vibe welcome letter that will have the hours of operation for your cruise.  Once the bartenders recognize you (within a day) you won’t need the wristbands.  
Enjoy!   We’ve been on the Joy twice and have another cruise on her next March. Anxious to hear about the new thermal spa..

Interesting, we got our bands at checkin, mine was twisted because the lady wasn’t paying attention lol.. so I had an infinity bracelet

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Interesting, we got our bands at checkin, mine was twisted because the lady wasn’t paying attention lol.. so I had an infinity bracelet

The only time we ever had them before getting to our cabin was back when you could only get passes on departure day by running to Headliners🏃‍♀️🏃🏃‍♂️🏃🏃‍♀️🏃🏃‍♂️💨💨💨💨

In any case, nobody should fret if they don’t have the wristband.  The key card is coded and the staff will know the guests pretty quickly. 
One time I had to cut-off the wristband on the first day at sea because I wanted to do the drop slide. No worries…by then they already knew my name and drink preferences 😜

• Like 1

Never wore/wear the wristband.  Not my thing. 

The staff doesn't care as they are excellent after day one in recognizing you....and pretty much learning all your drink likes and wants.  I love it.

You do not need to do anything special to get into the Vibe once you board. Just find it and enjoy

The door to the Vibe requires your key or wristband to enter. But once you are in, the bartenders will absolutely remember you almost from your first visit

52 minutes ago, FPMoosally said:

High! Newb on the prowl.

Is there anyone who has been in the Vibe that will never do it again?

Why not?

We got the Vibe cabana way back when it first started and the prices were ay least clsoe to reasonable.  We would never get Vibe passes again nor would we ever recommend it to anyone.  It is not even clsoe to worth the price,  You can get most of what is include at various places around the ship at no cost.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

We got the Vibe cabana way back when it first started and the prices were ay least clsoe to reasonable.  We would never get Vibe passes again nor would we ever recommend it to anyone.  It is not even clsoe to worth the price,  You can get most of what is include at various places around the ship at no cost.

Do you like sitting in a lounge chair in the sun (or shade) for a few hours every day?

No kids, and completely serene compared to the pool deck?

A server at your whim?

If not, why in the world would you spend money on the Vibe?

32 minutes ago, FPMoosally said:

Do you like sitting in a lounge chair in the sun (or shade) for a few hours every day?

A server at your whim?

I can get most of those at every bar that is open.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

You will be given wristbands at checkin and your card will be set to allow access to the vibe.  

15 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

You will not have a wristband yet, but that is ok. 

When you gain access to your cabin later in the day the wristbands will be there with a Vibe welcome letter that will have the hours of operation for your cruise.  

15 hours ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

On Viva in December there were no wrist bands, my understanding from staff is the wrist bands are a thing of the past.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

On Viva in December there were no wrist bands, my understanding from staff is the wrist bands are a thing of the past.

There were also no wrists bands on the Encore last week.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PATRLR said:

LOL they werent a thing of the past dec 2-9, 2023.. BUT as others have said, I can see where they would be a thing of the past.. Or we were just lucky and one of the last ones to have them.   Plastic that's snapped into a loop that if it fell into the ocean could get caught on turtles or something.  And also as stated, most people didnt wear them anyway.. We let the lady put ours on because we didnt really know any better.  But soon realized it was ok not to have it.

edit: And just for nostalgia you can see it on my wifes wrist lol

IMG_4020.JPG

Edited by D_And_K_gocruising

10 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

LOL they werent a thing of the past dec 2-9, 2023.. BUT as others have said, I can see where they would be a thing of the past.. Or we were just lucky and one of the last ones to have them. 

we got on Viva Dec 15

On 2/24/2024 at 8:34 AM, KyleDefends said:

My wife and I have the Vibe booked for our March 9 cruise on the Joy.  We cannot wait to give it a try and to see the new refurbishments.

This may be a silly question, but is there anything we need to do once we board?  Can we go to the Vibe with our sea pass and just walk in or do we need to check in first somewhere else?

Thanks

You will love Vibe on the Joy. We think it’s the best Vibe in the fleet. There are cookies available all day, everyday and usually on sea days, canapés are available. Fruit skewers are served a couple times a day. There is no snack menu to order from. Will and Rodni should be the Vibe bartenders on your cruise. They are phenomenal. You will have a great time. Ask Will to make you a peanut butter and jelly shooter. 

20 hours ago, FPMoosally said:

No, you can't. But you can save a couple Franklins trying.

Which of these can't I find at many bars (obviously, you won't find a nice chair in the sun)?

21 hours ago, FPMoosally said:

A server at your whim?

On 2/22/2024 at 12:48 PM, vacation44 said:

I would check every morning for them to open up the Vibe pass selling.    More than likely, since the ship is still under construction, they have not started selling the passes yet.     

Thank you! That is my plan! I am really excited to get Vibe passes, we didn’t on our 1st cruise because we were with his family and we knew we would constantly be sneaking off to the Vibe to escape them lol

• Haha 1

Has anyone done Vibe on Getaway for a March sailing out of NYC?? Two sea days on both ends to Bermuda **Spring break so I’m picturing crowds of teens, of which we are bringing two but they are independent and will hang by the pool. 

Wondering if Vibe is worth it given the cooler temps on the way out and in?! And then the fact that we would hope to explore the island when docked?

Has anyone utilized Vibe in the cooler temps and still enjoyed it?? (When they don’t close it for weather)

12 minutes ago, ahchico said:

Has anyone done Vibe on Getaway for a March sailing out of NYC?? Two sea days on both ends to Bermuda **Spring break so I’m picturing crowds of teens, of which we are bringing two but they are independent and will hang by the pool. 

Wondering if Vibe is worth it given the cooler temps on the way out and in?! And then the fact that we would hope to explore the island when docked?

Has anyone utilized Vibe in the cooler temps and still enjoyed it?? (When they don’t close it for weather)

I’ll preface by saying we get the Vibe on every cruise, regardless of itinerary.  But you are right that the sea days at that time are unpredictable. (Maybe fine, could be severe)

We use the Vibe every day, even when in port , for some amount of time. The Getaway has two nice hot tubs and is great for afternoon relaxation after a day ashore. 
that said, I would also recommend the thermal spa if you are looking for a relaxing, quiet escape from the crowds. As long as the seas aren’t really rough, the therapy pool will remain open and it is a good place to chill if it is cold outside. 
Enjoy whatever you decide!

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 10:57 PM, FPMoosally said:

A server at your whim?

If not, why in the world would you spend money on the Vibe?

You can find free lounge chairs away from the pool (most with no kids around) with very little effort. 

8 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

You can find free lounge chairs away from the pool (most with no kids around) with very little effort. 

Good grief. If you don't understand the total and complete difference, then you've never been in the Vibe.

• Like 4