Bid Upgrade Question

Sunwanabe

Hello all. We are sailing on the Enchanted 10 day Caribbean cruise this March. We are currently on the Emerald Deck with an obstructed balcony. We have received a notice from PC on bid opportunities for various cabin upgrades. We might entertain a bid for a deluxe non obstructed cabin. I know you don't have any control on location and we are pretty flexible on locations but my fear if successful, we could be put into a connecting room. The ship is sold out so not sure how upgrades could still be possible. Could be a bunch of guarantee cabins available? Would appreciate some of your thoughts and related bid experiences.

Thank you

What room number are you in right now?  Some obstructed balconies are not very obstructed at all.  If you have one of these, I would not risk it on a balcony where you have no choice.  If you are in a pretty obstructed one, then I might give a bid to upgrade.

I put in a few upgrade bids for Enchanted in April, but have not heard anything and the cruise is also sold out - so not holding my breath.

• Thanks 1

There is a thread on the bidding experience.  Look for it. I think all your questions will be answered there because everyone lists their bidding and wins.  BTW You do not have any choice in cabin location or connecting cabin when bidding.  If you win and don't like the cabin location or the cabin itself, and there are other cabins open in that category, you can request a cabin change. I won a bid once and lost once. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sunwanabe said:

Hello all. We are sailing on the Enchanted 10 day Caribbean cruise this March. We are currently on the Emerald Deck with an obstructed balcony. We have received a notice from PC on bid opportunities for various cabin upgrades. We might entertain a bid for a deluxe non obstructed cabin. I know you don't have any control on location and we are pretty flexible on locations but my fear if successful, we could be put into a connecting room. The ship is sold out so not sure how upgrades could still be possible. Could be a bunch of guarantee cabins available? Would appreciate some of your thoughts and related bid experiences.

Thank you

If you would be disappointed with a connecting cabin, I suggest you do not bid.

• Thanks 1

We just booked our first Princess cruise on Crown and elected not to be 'upgraded' should the opportunity arise, because the Princess rep on the phone said if they upgrade you, you don't get a choice of what cabin or what deck / location.... and the Princess rep said if we accept an upgrade then we just have to take whatever stateroom they upgrade us to

So we chose to just keep our booked stateroom

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mud_Shark said:

What room number are you in right now?  Some obstructed balconies are not very obstructed at all.  If you have one of these, I would not risk it on a balcony where you have no choice.  If you are in a pretty obstructed one, then I might give a bid to upgrade.

I put in a few upgrade bids for Enchanted in April, but have not heard anything and the cruise is also sold out - so not holding my breath.

E445. The life boat is below the top of the glass railing so it's not terrible.

watched a video on your cabin.  As you have said, it looks like the view straight out is ok, but looking down will be somewhat obstructed, as the tender boat is directly in front of this room.  Up to you, but this would be one of the rooms I might choose to put in a bid to move up from.   If you choose not to - you will still enjoy the room.

Happy sailing

• Like 1