Emerald Princess Caribe deck bigger cabins

ElmwoodPark

I am looking to book a balcony cabin on the Emerald Princess. One travel agent I spoke to advised to book on the Caribe deck (deck 10) as it has bigger cabins. When you look at the Princess website deck plans it lists the size of the balcony cabins on the Caribe deck as 271 sq feet. When I look at a balcony on say the Aloha deck as an example it lists is as 231 sq feet. I have called Princess and other travel agents to verify the difference in cabin size but have received different answers. 

Can someone confirm if there are bigger cabins on the Caribe deck? The rate is the same so I would then select this deck for the bigger cabin size.

Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, ElmwoodPark said:

I am looking to book a balcony cabin on the Emerald Princess. One travel agent I spoke to advised to book on the Caribe deck (deck 10) as it has bigger cabins. When you look at the Princess website deck plans it lists the size of the balcony cabins on the Caribe deck as 271 sq feet. When I look at a balcony on say the Aloha deck as an example it lists is as 231 sq feet. I have called Princess and other travel agents to verify the difference in cabin size but have received different answers. 

Can someone confirm if there are bigger cabins on the Caribe deck? The rate is the same so I would then select this deck for the bigger cabin size.

Thanks. 

Bigger balconies. Same size cabins. Princess includes the balcony in the square footage. 

Sounds like the TA is just reading from what they're given,  and doesn't sail Princess.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Call center employees have never been near a cruise ship. 

Yes, this.  And are new and poorly trained.  We get better answers to most questions here on CC

• Like 1

Caribe deck balconies on the Emerald Princess are 9ft x 9ft with 5ft of cover and 4ft uncovered. As others mentioned the interiors are the same size and configured the same as all other balcony category cabins BF up to B1.