Solo Cruising

I'll be going on my first solo cruise on the Allure in August.  A little background - I am a 74 year young widow.  My wonderful husband passed away 2 1/2 years ago and we did lots of cruising together.  I'm not interested in meeting anyone, just want to take a few days to breathe.    I've requested a table for 1, but was advised that they only do tables for 2.  I selected any time dining so hopefully they'll be able to grant my request.  I don't plan on leaving the ship (Nassau & Coco Cay), and prefer the empty-ish ship to relax and unwind.    Any suggestions how to navigate solo cruising?  Appreciate any input you can provide.

• Like 3

I'm sorry for your loss.  I also lost my husband a little over 2 years ago and am in my early 70's.  I have cruised quite a bit since he passed.  I think it was my coping mechanism at the time.  I always get early seating and a small table.  I email them prior to sailing (rcldining@rccl.com)  to request that the table be for just 1 person and they have always complied.  You are pretty much guaranteed a table for just yourself at any time dining.  

• Like 1

I'm also a solo traveler.  For dining, I pick My Time Dining, and select a later time (8PM on my latest cruise).  The dining room host was always pleased to greet me, whenever I showed up (some evenings much earlier, some almost at the end of dining room hours).  I was always seated alone without making a specific request.

I find having a balcony cabin gives me that personal private spot to unwind and de-stress.  Finding a lounger topside or in the solarium when I wanted to mingle was never a hastle, as I only needed one spot.  Ships are very conducive to solo enjoyment, crew members seem to just know who is solo, and we get treated nicely. 

Even though your plan is to remain aboard, I'd still recommend taking a short stroll at the ports.