True or False? Maybe Lose Cabin to Get $600 Lower Price now available!

love2relax

Well the fact your original booking was under a special "reduced-air" promo. explains alot as to why your cruise fare could not easily be changed. It's more difficult to change a promo, for a promo....at first I just thought it was a cheap TA trying to keep their commission up but after reading your last post as to the reduced airfare it all makes better sense.

Well the fact your original booking was under a special "reduced-air" promo. explains alot as to why your cruise fare could not easily be changed. It's more difficult to change a promo, for a promo....at first I just thought it was a cheap TA trying to keep their commission up but after reading your last post as to the reduced airfare it all makes better sense.

There seems to ALWAYS "more to the story" when we dig into these things. I bet that airfare things really caused an issue. And, MAYBE the TA just did not want to bother. Who knows. Right up until I read about the airfare, here is what I would have done:

Assuming I was well outside the cancel/deposit dates, and there were lots of similar (not the same) cabins available, I would just do a new booking, ASAP. Then, once that was confirmed, cancel the original. They will take there sweet time refunding the deposit, but will cancel it immediately. Then, with a little luck, switch cabins. If not, for $600 I can take the other cabin.

There seems to ALWAYS "more to the story" when we dig into these things. I bet that airfare things really caused an issue. And, MAYBE the TA just did not want to bother. Who knows. Right up until I read about the airfare, here is what I would have done:

Assuming I was well outside the cancel/deposit dates, and there were lots of similar (not the same) cabins available, I would just do a new booking, ASAP. Then, once that was confirmed, cancel the original. They will take there sweet time refunding the deposit, but will cancel it immediately. Then, with a little luck, switch cabins. If not, for $600 I can take the other cabin.

It is amazing what we learn. So often we don't bother to mention little details that might seem trivial to us, but affect the overall picture and others are giving advise not knowing there is more to the story. NMnita

I wasn't trying to be misleading in any way. I jsut wanted some advice, since I was so upset when things weren't going as easily as I thought they should...and it was my first time going back to using a TA. I am the first one to always stick up for NCL. On my first cruise, the TA I had made me sign a waiver saying that I was cruising with them at my own risk...which I thought was insane. We had a lovely time.

Archived