What are the wait list requirements?

Cruisedreamer1

27 minutes ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

We are interested in a cruise that is entirely "wait listed" . If one wanted to be wait listed what are the booking requirements? Do we have to put down a deposit, etc. to be wait listed? Thanks.

See attached from their website. 

IMG_2161.png

Definitely place your Deposit to get Priority Waitlisted and get yourself Waitlisted for as many Stateroom Categories as you would be comfortable with in case one becomes available. Once you are deposited you can see your status on the lists.  At Final Payment there could be some availability because that is when most people will opt out. 
Good Luck.

Mauibabes

• Like 2

I was recently offered a ‘priority’ waitlist place at the cost of £300 which was refundable but decided to just take my chances without the priority status. I was offered a cabin within a week!

I guess it will always be a bit of potluck. 

In the past I’ve kept a check on the grade/cabin I want if it’s not available at the time and when it has become available I ring my TA straight away and have managed to get the cabin I want. Probably pays to be vigilant rather than just ‘wait’ in a queue.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 12:59 AM, Vallesan said:

In the past I’ve kept a check on the grade/cabin I want if it’s not available at the time and when it has become available I ring my TA straight away and have managed to get the cabin I want. Probably pays to be vigilant rather than just ‘wait’ in a queue.

Agree. I was waitlisted for a penthouse, but then noticed some were available. So I called and got my selection. Pays to be vigilant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Does wait list equal higher fare once an opening occurs?

It depends if the price for your wait listed stateroom has increased in price since you booked it.  The price and amenities at the time the waitlist has clearance is the rate to be charged. This is outlined in the FAQ section on their website   Also, remember once it clears you have 48 hours to decide. If you don’t, you will incur any cancellation fees in place at that time. This is indicated on your invoice/booking document. Of course this would only be applicable if you did a deposit for a Priority Wait List, I believe per my understanding. 

12 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

It depends if the price for your wait listed stateroom has increased in price since you booked it.  The price and amenities at the time the waitlist has clearance is the rate to be charged. This is outlined in the FAQ section on their website   Also, remember once it clears you have 48 hours to decide. If you don’t, you will incur any cancellation fees in place at that time. This is indicated on your invoice/booking document. Of course this would only be applicable if you did a deposit for a Priority Wait List, I believe per my understanding. 

Yes that’s my understanding too. I was waitlisted on a cruise and decided against paying the charge for the ‘priority’ waitlist but was still offered a cabin with a week. So unless anyone is absolutely ‘desperate’ to take a particular cruise I would suggest maybe trying the ordinary waitlist first!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 5:31 AM, PhD-iva said:

Agree. I was waitlisted for a penthouse, but then noticed some were available. So I called and got my selection. Pays to be vigilant.

Oh no you've let everyone in on the secret. 🙂 🙂 

• Haha 1