Majestic Princess - Questions

Mike A

My family and I (total 6) are sailing in adjoining Reserve Collection Mini-Suites on the 10 Night voyage from Rome - Trieste on April 21, 2025. As this is a special occasion (DW 65th birthday and DGD Sweet Sixteen) I have booked the Premier Package for everyone 🙂.

Given the fact that the Majestic was built for the Chinese market I know that there are some differences between the Majestic and the other Royal Class ships. Therefore, I have some questions:

• It appears that there is only one Casual Dining Restaurant, Alfredo's. Can you use the unlimited Casual Dining anywhere else?
  • Since Gelato is not on this ship, can you get Specialty Desserts at the International Cafe or only at Scoops?
  • I had heard that since there is not an Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, Sushi is available in the afternoon at The Catch by Rudy. If so, is the cost available as part of the Unlimited Casual Dining included with Premier?
  • Are the Lobster Rolls included w/Premier at the Burger and Lobster Grill or $15.00? 
  • Is there any truth to the possibility I have read here on CC of eliminating Harmony and adding Sabatini's, which we love, in its place?
  •  In the past on Princess, I could open the divider between balcony's. Is this still available? We were unable to do so on NCL or RCCL.
  • What is the best bar for Champagne? Is it Vines Wine Bar or elsewhere.
  • Which Restaurant is currently being used for Reserve Dining? Is it Concerto, as it is off the Center elevators where the Reserve Collection Mini-Suites are located?

I thank everyone and look forward to their responses. Also feel free to add your comments about the ship.

Have a Great Day and Smooth Sailing 🙂

Mike A

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike A said:

My family and I (total 6) are sailing in adjoining Reserve Collection Mini-Suites on the 10 Night voyage from Rome - Trieste on April 21, 2025. As this is a special occasion (DW 65th birthday and DGD Sweet Sixteen) I have booked the Premier Package for everyone 🙂.

Given the fact that the Majestic was built for the Chinese market I know that there are some differences between the Majestic and the other Royal Class ships. Therefore, I have some questions:

• It appears that there is only one Casual Dining Restaurant, Alfredo's. Can you use the unlimited Casual Dining anywhere else?
  • There is also a sushi lunch offered at times in the The Catch by Rudi.  Vines also has a charcuterie board offering 
  • Since Gelato is not on this ship, can you get Specialty Desserts at the International Cafe or only at Scoops?
  • ??? 
  • I had heard that since there is not an Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, Sushi is available in the afternoon at The Catch by Rudy. If so, is the cost available as part of the Unlimited Casual Dining included with Premier?
  • No cost as it is part of the unlimited casual dining with the premier package 
  • Are the Lobster Rolls included w/Premier at the Burger and Lobster Grill or $15.00? 
    No, those would be considered extra 
  • Is there any truth to the possibility I have read here on CC of eliminating Harmony and adding Sabatini's, which we love, in its place?
  • There may be some truth to that as I heard about it from one of the ship’s officers 
  •  In the past on Princess, I could open the divider between balcony's. Is this still available? We were unable to do so on NCL or RCCL.
  • yes, the balcony dividers do open but only if you are not in a cabin on either side of the fire doors. 
  • What is the best bar for Champagne? Is it Vines Wine Bar or elsewhere.
    Bellinis 
  • Which Restaurant is currently being used for Reserve Dining? Is it Concerto, as it is off the Center elevators where the Reserve Collection Mini-Suites are located?
  • Yes, it’s on one side of deck 6 midship 

I thank everyone and look forward to their responses. Also feel free to add your comments about the ship.

Have a Great Day and Smooth Sailing 🙂

Mike A

answers included above 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’ll be sailing Majestic for the first time in July 2025, so very interested in your thread.  Thanks for taking me along!

You are welcome. I just saw your thread. I'm jealous. Iceland and Greenland are the only ones left on my Bucket List. I will be following you too. 🙂

Edited by Mike A
  • Like 1

Just now, Mike A said:

I just saw your thread. Iceland and Greenland are the only ones left on my Bucket List. I will be following you too. 🙂

Great!  Although, I was premature typing in Greenland as this was for 2024 not 2025.  One of our eagle eyed members caught my error and informed me that indeed I would not be seeing Greenland.  My DH just laughed at me.  I seem to blend too many cruises together. lol

Looking forward to your report!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mike A said:

Thank You very much @Cruise Raider🙂

Of note, the Catch by Rudi is the most incredible restaurant.  I like it so much better a than any other restaurant I’ve ever been, on cruise or on land.  They do have a filet mignon option so, don’t disregard it even if you don’t like seafood.  

Also, the noodle bar up by the pool where they normally serve pizza on all other ships is fabulous, as well.  You can pick what options you like in your soup.  Veggies, shrimp or chicken and spicy with ginger is my choice.  There is nothing better on a cool day than the noodle soup they offer.  

In the buffet, they have an excellent Asian stir fry section where you can also have your dish made up to your specifications.  I think the Majestic is #1 out of all the ships we’ve sailed on in the entire fleet.  Oh and their Indian food is amazing, as well but, I think that has more to do with the chefs onboard at the time.  

The absolute best feature of the Majestic is that they have the Hollywood Conservatory up front where the Sanctuary normal sits.  There is no charge to use it or no need to make reservations, though.  I don’t how long that will remain as such but it is such a lovely quiet area to hang out to read book or just enjoy some solitude.  

There is no Crooners on this ship but a piano player or duo oftentimes performs at the Crown Grill bar at dinner time and beyond.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Cruise Raider We are very much looking forward dining at The Catch at Rudi with one of our two specialty dinners. We all love Sea Food and I hear nothing but great things, The Noodle Bar looks very interesting and can't wait to try. On all ships I have been on I have always loved the Asian and Indian at the buffet. On the website they said they were bringing back Crab Shack which we had and loved on the Royal Princess. Unfortunately, it also said Alaska only. I hope they add to other itineraries. 

With respect to the Hollywood Conservatory, my wife and I cannot wait. We had the Observation Lounge, which we loved, on the Norwegian Joy (Also Built for Chinese Market) It was quiet and not crowded as we went to Bermuda. However, The Hollywood Conservatory looks much much nicer.

With respect to your??? regarding the Specialty Desserts I meant to say Swirls not Scoops (wrong cruise line LOL). Also, I did not see Bellinis on the Majestic deck plan. Have they added it, or did I miss it?

Anyway, I thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions and your suggestions. I look forward to following you here on Cruise Critic!!!

Mike A

Edited by Mike A
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mike A said:

@Cruise Raider We are very much looking forward dining at The Catch at Rudi with one of our two specialty dinners. We all love Sea Food and I hear nothing but great things, The Noodle Bar looks very interesting and can't wait to try. On all ships I have been on I have always loved the Asian and Indian at the buffet. On the website they said they were bringing back Crab Shack which we had and loved on the Royal Princess. Unfortunately, it also said Alaska only. I hope they add to other itineraries. 

With respect to the Hollywood Conservatory, my wife and I cannot wait. We had the Observation Lounge, which we loved, on the Norwegian Joy (Also Built for Chinese Market) It was quiet and not crowded as we went to Bermuda. However, The Hollywood Conservatory looks much much nicer.

With respect to your??? regarding the Specialty Desserts I meant to say Swirls not Scoops (wrong cruise line LOL). Also, I did not see Bellinis on the Majestic deck plan. Have they added it, or did I miss it?

Anyway, I thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions and your suggestions. I look forward to following you here on Cruise Critic!!!

Mike A

I just want to chime in here to tell you that we have The Catch booked for four nights on our upcoming Enchanted!  We love seafood and fish, but we don’t eat meat.  I’ve heard so many wonderful things about The Catch!  I’ll let you know in August just how much enjoyed it.

• Like 2

@Mike A .. you are right, it isn’t Bellini’s but the Terrace Bar on the Majestic.  We went from the Royal to the Majestic and then to the Discovery so I did get them mixed up.  They always had some good champagne there but also, the other bars had some good champagne, as well.  
we found some great wines at the Crown Grill bar and would always take a glass to lunch.  The wines have been so hit or miss since the restart.  

I am not a dessert fan in the very least.  While, putting a loaf of garlic bread in front of me or a bag of salty chips, I just can’t pass it up.  But, my DH is a huge dessert person and orders those big slices of cake or finds the gelato bar.  I know on the Royal, it is next to the bar but not sure where you get it on the Majestic.  I just can’t remember.  But he also loves those cookies from the IC.  He’s always got something sweet on his plate.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I just want to chime in here to tell you that we have The Catch booked for four nights on our upcoming Enchanted!  We love seafood and fish, but we don’t eat meat.  I’ve heard so many wonderful things about The Catch!  I’ll let you know in August just how much enjoyed it.

We booked it for every night of our specialty dinners as well .. it is really just that good!  

• Like 2

@Cruise Raider With respect to the desserts I am with you. Give me the Garlic Bread🙂. My DGD’s love ice cream though.  We went to Gelato on the Royal. My wife thought it was okay.
Thanks for the clarification on Bellinis/Terrace Bar. My wife and I both love a good Champagne.  On The Joy they had Veuve by the glass as part of their upgraded Beverage package in 2022 which I throughly took advantage of 😀. I doubt Princess offers it as NCL no longer does. I’m sure there are other labels that are very good. Also love a good bourbon or scotch. 
Finally, I can’t wait to try The Catch by Rudi. We live near the water on Long Island and we all love good seafood. I too could see us doing both specialty dinners at The Catch as Sabitini’s is not available. I always felt that the Crown Grill was just OKAY compared to the great Steakhouses here in the NY Metro area and the fact I love to BBQ good steaks. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2024 at 10:08 AM, Cruise Raider said:

There is no Crooners on this ship but a piano player or duo oftentimes performs at the Crown Grill bar at dinner time and beyond.  

Does anywhere on the ship have the Crooner's bar menu, with amaretto Manhattans?

2 hours ago, aislin_raina said:

Does anywhere on the ship have the Crooner's bar menu, with amaretto Manhattans?

There is a current live from Majestic, post your question on that thread, as they are good at replying to questions.

This is the current thread from the Majestic that is doing the 33 day transit from Australia to the Pacific coast.