Sun Princess lifts

cbfb

I know no one has been on this ship yet but I am looking at booking an aft cabin for my son. From the deck plans on cruise mapper it looks like there are elevators on the very back of the ship. I’ve never seen this before, but this is our first Princess cruise, and am a little concerned about noise. Does this sound right? 

Yes...3 sets of elevators are pretty standard on Princess ships.  I actually prefer to stay forward or aft specifically to use those sets of elevators as they tend to be a little less busy than the midship elevators.  I might be concerned about noise if I had a Lido or Sun deck cabin by the elevators where there would be a lot of traffic but anywhere else I don't feel like it's much of an issue.  Just becomes luck of the draw whether your local stateroom "neighborhood" has particularly noisy residents or not...which isn't often the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Yes...3 sets of elevators are pretty standard on Princess ships.  I actually prefer to stay forward or aft specifically to use those sets of elevators as they tend to be a little less busy than the midship elevators.  I might be concerned about noise if I had a Lido or Sun deck cabin by the elevators where there would be a lot of traffic but anywhere else I don't feel like it's much of an issue.  Just becomes luck of the draw whether your local stateroom "neighborhood" has particularly noisy residents or not...which isn't often the case.

Thank you. I’ve just never seen a lift off the back of the ship. With the cabin being just 2 from the lift I think it could be noisy. Definitely can’t control your neighbors for sure but I hate to book him something that will be a problem to start with! 

1 minute ago, cbfb said:

Thank you. I’ve just never seen a lift off the back of the ship. With the cabin being just 2 from the lift I think it could be noisy. Definitely can’t control your neighbors for sure but I hate to book him something that will be a problem to start with! 

I just looked at the deck plans and now I see what you mean. I would have assumed those were crew-only lifts but maybe not?  I know there's more crew-only elevators throughout the decks but none of them are labeled.  These are labeled.  I kind of retract my statement to some degree and defer to someone who knows whether those lifts are public or not. Either way I wouldn't think they'd be too much of a hot spot for noise.

1 minute ago, PMGS247 said:

I just looked at the deck plans and now I see what you mean. I would have assumed those were crew-only lifts but maybe not?  I know there's more crew-only elevators throughout the decks but none of them are labeled.  These are labeled.  I kind of retract my statement to some degree and defer to someone who knows whether those lifts are public or not. Either way I wouldn't think they'd be too much of a hot spot for noise.

Thanks so much for looking at it. I wonder if you are right about cruise elevators. That makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Thanks so much for looking at it. I wonder if you are right about cruise elevators. That makes sense. 

No worries...looking at it made me curious for my own cruise on the sun.  Looks like I'm 13 staterooms up from those elevators.  I'll be closer to the main bank of elevators so I'll probably stick to those but who knows maybe those 2 at the back are a new little known secret?  Always looking for less crowds lol

Edited by PMGS247
  • Like 1

We also held off booking a cabin right at the back because of potential noise / footfall. I think unlike previous ships there are public areas right at the rear of the ship - the new wakeview pool and area downstairs, the suite lounge and a speciality restaurant further up - and wonder if that's why they have some lifts right at the back?

2 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

We also held off booking a cabin right at the back because of potential noise / footfall. I think unlike previous ships there are public areas right at the rear of the ship - the new wakeview pool and area downstairs, the suite lounge and a speciality restaurant further up - and wonder if that's why they have some lifts right at the back?

That could be. I guess we will find out soon once it sails!!! 

I called my Princess rep about those elevators a few weeks ago and I was told they are public. I thought so because there are wheelchair accessible cabins next to those lifts on deck 12. I am four cabins away, but I am not worried because the aft of the ship is pretty quiet and we’re high above all the public areas below. Midship is the busiest, people gather by the big elevator lobbies and walk by your room to get there. Look at where the full suites are located, the front and back of the ship because those areas are more private. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, occruiselady said:

I called my Princess rep about those elevators a few weeks ago and I was told they are public. I thought so because there are wheelchair accessible cabins next to those lifts on deck 12. I am four cabins away, but I am not worried because the aft of the ship is pretty quiet and we’re high above all the public areas below. Midship is the busiest, people gather by the big elevator lobbies and walk by your room to get there. Look at where the full suites are located, the front and back of the ship because those areas are more private. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much that does help. 

2 hours ago, cbfb said:

I know no one has been on this ship yet but I am looking at booking an aft cabin for my son. From the deck plans on cruise mapper it looks like there are elevators on the very back of the ship. I’ve never seen this before, but this is our first Princess cruise, and am a little concerned about noise. Does this sound right? 

What ship are you looking at?  Never mind. Just realized you are asking about the Sun Princess

Edited by nasa1974