MDR menus on Joy

pfm18

First time on NCL for about 10 years next month, very excited. I cruise RC more often than not but with the occasional jaunt over to NCL which I’ve always loved doing.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to view the MDR menus ahead of time on the NCL app? We want to book a specialty restaurant for one of the nights to take advantage of free at sea, but would hate to accidentally miss the best night at the MDR.

There's no way to know with certainty which of NCL's 21 MDR menus will be prepared for what days.  They do not publish them in advance of the cruise, and only those needing special dietary preparations or those knowing you can ask will know what the next day's menu is.

12 minutes ago, hallux said:

There's no way to know with certainty which of NCL's 21 MDR menus will be prepared for what days.  They do not publish them in advance of the cruise, and only those needing special dietary preparations or those knowing you can ask will know what the next day's menu is.

True, but the Joy is currently following MDR menus 1-7 in the same order that all the other ships seem to follow. If you search for those menus it is reliable. 

They only post a paper version of the menu by the restaurants after lunch service and never in the app. I really wish they would post menus ahead of time for planning purposes. 

2 hours ago, pfm18 said:

First time on NCL for about 10 years next month, very excited. I cruise RC more often than not but with the occasional jaunt over to NCL which I’ve always loved doing.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to view the MDR menus ahead of time on the NCL app? We want to book a specialty restaurant for one of the nights to take advantage of free at sea, but would hate to accidentally miss the best night at the MDR.

NCL does not post its MDR menus online or in their app. 

Specialty dining reservations open 120 days prior to departure (125 if you are in a club balcony or 130 days if you are in the Haven). 

You really won't miss anything in the MDR. Make your specialty dinner on the night which works best for you. 

As pointed out, NCL has a collection of 21 MDR menus which the ship's Executive Chef can select from for any specific cruise. For a provisioning perspective, it is easier for them to use the same menus weekly (maybe not in the same order), but supply chain and other factors often factor into the menu selection. 

If you want to peek at some of the MDR menus, skim through my live post from the Joy last year (this was a 5 day cruise, so it does not represent a full 7-day menu selection). The post also has specialty dining menus and photos from around the ship (pre-dry dock... hopefully everything is new and fresh this week).