Honolulu airport transfer

trivia addict

Just booked a pre cruise hotel from a big box store that includes transportation from the airport.

Apparently they use Aloha VIP Tours. Reviews of it online are not good. Anyone have experience with a transfer with this company? 

24 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Reviews of it online are not good. Anyone have experience with a transfer with this company? 

No- but its super easy to just grab an Uber outside the terminal. No reason to start a vacation off on a bad foot when you can just have a quick private transfer for $25. 

Thanks but the problem is that the transfer is included in the price I paid.

was hoping that someone would just reassure me that they had a good experience with them.

i will not book them for my trip back from ship to airport. Would you advise an Uber or the ship shuttle at the end of the cruise?

3 hours ago, trivia addict said:

was hoping that someone would just reassure me that they had a good experience with them.

I'm through HNL several times a year with tons of overnights there over the years and I literally have never heard of them. It looks like they mainly cater to large group bookings. If I read the same reviews you did when I looked them up, I think I would still just forget about the transfer and get my own Uber but thats obviously up to you. 

3 hours ago, trivia addict said:

i will not book them for my trip back from ship to airport. Would you advise an Uber or the ship shuttle at the end of the cruise?

If the ship shuttle is significantly less than $25 for two people (which I'm getting it won't be unless you throw a bunch of on board credit against it) then by all means. But the cruise shuttles will wait until full of passengers which can take time, especially loading and unloading luggage. I would just take an Uber-- you'll get there much faster, less hassled, and most likely for a bunch less $$ than the cruise shuttle. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 5:59 PM, trivia addict said:

My thought is, "so what". Would you rather sit at HNL for 40 minutes, frustrated about where they are, or just grab a flat rate cab or Uber to your hotel? Yeah you'll shell out $35-45 for the ride, but who wants to be frustrated at the start of a vacation.

In reading the reviews in Google (and the owner's responses) a lot of the problem seems to be centered around the incredible unreliability of airlines and their arrival times these days.

On 2/27/2024 at 5:59 PM, trivia addict said:

I will not book them for my trip back from ship to airport. Would you advise an Uber or the ship shuttle at the end of the cruise?

Always an Uber or taxi. I never want to wait for the ship's shuttle to be full until we leave. That is especially true in Honolulu, with the airport being so close.

On 2/27/2024 at 4:11 PM, princeton123211 said:

No- but its super easy to just grab an Uber outside the terminal. No reason to start a vacation off on a bad foot when you can just have a quick private transfer for $25. 

Is that all it cost to get an Uber or taxi from Pier 2 Cruise Terminal to the airport as well?  We are ending our transpacific on May 1 but do not fly out of HNL until 10pm so we wanted to drop our luggage at the airport storage and then go explore Honolulu for the day. 

We used the included VIP Aloha transfer from HNL to the Outrigger and back.  It all worked just fine.  They were in the baggage claim area, for our arriving flight, with a list of passengers.  We had to wait only about 10-15min. for all to show up. On the return...We had a slight wait for our pick-up at our hotel due to traffic.  

You contact them the day before for your pick-up time.  We gave ourselves extra time for our return to HNL so all was fine.

Hope this helps.

16 hours ago, debfed65 said:

Is that all it cost to get an Uber or taxi from Pier 2 Cruise Terminal to the airport as well?

An Uber, yes. I don't usually use taxis in Honolulu so someone might know-- I think a lot do flat rates that are in the $35 range. 

16 hours ago, debfed65 said:

We are ending our transpacific on May 1 but do not fly out of HNL until 10pm so we wanted to drop our luggage at the airport storage and then go explore Honolulu for the day. 

Keep in mind that no airline will let you check a bag at the airport more than 4 hours before departure. Frankly I would just head to a nicer hotel in Waikiki and check my bags with them for the day and save yourself the back and forth to the airport. 

Thank you for this information!  I realize the airline will not let me check my luggage that early, but I believe there is a luggage storage facility at the airport (or I could be wrong lol). 

I like the idea about using a hotel in Waikiki - I didn’t know you could do that. 

Again, thank you for replying. It is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, debfed65 said:

I like the idea about using a hotel in Waikiki - I didn’t know you could do that. 

We've done it at The Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider before-- just say you are going to get a drink or meal in the restaurants (whether you do or don't) and make sure to tip them. But otherwise no issue and it will save you a bunch of time and expense vs commuting twice to the airport. 

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

We've done it at The Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider before-- just say you are going to get a drink or meal in the restaurants (whether you do or don't) and make sure to tip them. But otherwise no issue and it will save you a bunch of time and expense vs commuting twice to the airport. 

Thanks again & also for providing the names of the hotels you have done this with in the past!