Wind Surf— is it very rocky in Caribbean?

schwingpat

Hi, we are considering a first time cruise on Wind Surf.  We’ve never been on this type of ship, nor this small, in the Caribbean.  I was wondering if anyone has issues with seasickness on a smaller ship like this?  Also, I read one review that the air conditioning was not great— any input??

Also, I saw that there is going to be a pretty major renovation in 2024 and part 2 in 2026.   Our trip would be March 2025– any information about how this could interfere with our booking???  So many questions 😊

Thanks in advance,

Patti

Edited by schwingpat
Adding another question
  • Like 1

Hi, The Surf is our favorite ship and I have sailed the Caribbean my entire life with my father as a child and my husband and I have cruised the Caribbean since 1999 with Windstar Cruises. The roughest time, hardly rough just more sea movement in Dec. and January. March is pretty calm. Of course you are on an open sea, not in hurricane season but weather is weather. Sea sickness can be in dinghies or huge ships. If you are worried,  remember center of the ship and on the Surf go to the lowest floor. Given it is a sailboat there are no balconies the lowest floor gives you less rock and roll. It is such a beautiful ship you will want to spend most of your time on deck, outside. The renovation will not take place when you are on board. We have sailed with our Swedish friends on the Surf, she gets sick but on the Surf no, in the dining she sits in the part that is center ship. I think she is a example how well the Surf takes the seas. We have never had a/c issues. We have cruised 28 times with WS Cruises most on the sailing yachts. Happy Cruising.

• Like 3

We have done Jewels of the Caribbean twice on WindStar and there was quite a bit of movement both times when departing Barbados for our first stop and around also Bequia. I am very prone to seasickness but managed pretty well with Dramamine and the wrist bands for seasickness and even better with the scopalamine patches. We enjoyed this itinerary so much the first time, we repeated it, lol. We have also been on big ships and experienced similar motion for what it’s worth. 

• Like 2

I should add to my previous post that the remainder of our cruising around the Caribbean on WindSurf (several times for 2 week itineraries) was relatively calm.  All of our sailings were in January.