GTY Junior Suite on Allure

Has anyone ever booked a GTY Junior Suite cabin on Allure before?  If so what deck did you end up getting?  The GTY cabin is a lot cheaper than selecting our own cabin but we have never done a GTY cabin before.  Right now if you pick the option to select your own cabin, the lowest deck available is deck 7.  I know there are Junior Suites on deck 6.  Does that means these cabins have sold already or would they not be available because they are being kept back to be used as GTY cabins?

51 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The JS can be anywhere. If location matters, a guarantee is not a good choice. If it doesn’t matter, it can be a good way to save a few $$$.

m

Have you did a guarantee before?  It looks like all Junior Suites are mid ship.

We frequently do the guarantee suite.  Most JS are in good locations.  The most recent ones we got on Oasis class were 12236 and 10236.  About the middle, so lots of walking.  One was not assigned until a week out, the other at 30 days.  The only one that was somewhat less desirable was on Freedom - we were a deck below the Solarium and right off the stairs, 9244 I think.  One morning we heard the chairs being moved, but that was the only day it happened.  I figured we have saved enough to cover an additional cruise!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ATG said:

We frequently do the guarantee suite.  Most JS are in good locations.  The most recent ones we got on Oasis class were 12236 and 10236.  About the middle, so lots of walking.  One was not assigned until a week out, the other at 30 days.  The only one that was somewhat less desirable was on Freedom - we were a deck below the Solarium and right off the stairs, 9244 I think.  One morning we heard the chairs being moved, but that was the only day it happened.  I figured we have saved enough to cover an additional cruise!

Thanks for the information.  You have had good cabins then.  For the cruise we are looking at, if we went with the guarantee JS, then the money we saved would cover the price of our flights.  It is a 15% saving which I think is very good.

On most gty’s I’ve done, I’ve gotten good locations. My thought is that a lot of the cabins that come up around time to assign gty’s were booked early on in the best locations and are cancelled later on. (At Final Payment time)
Saving 15% is a no brainer for me…

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

On most gty’s I’ve done, I’ve gotten good locations. My thought is that a lot of the cabins that come up around time to assign gty’s were booked early on in the best locations and are cancelled later on. (At Final Payment time)

I didn't think of it like that.  I suppose it is possible that can happen.

I know, 15% is a big saving.  I do prefer being a bit higher up but if it did end up being a lower deck, then we have still saved a lot.

6 hours ago, Lisa353 said:

Have you did a guarantee before?  It looks like all Junior Suites are mid ship.

Guess I should have said, the JS guarantee can be anywhere a JS is located.  

Yes I do guarantees. Most of my cruises on  non Oasis class are guarantees.  I am a more selective on larger ships ( Oasis class)  so rarely do a guarantee on them.  And not on Quantum class as the guarantee balcony cabin can be obstructed.  

M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

On my upcoming Wonder sailing GTY cabins in all categories have consistently been running a 40% savings over an assigned cabin....HUGE price difference.

That is a huge saving. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lisa353 said:

That is a huge saving. 

Yes....in the past when I have usually done a GTY...closer to the sail date after final due date if I didn't like what was assigned to me I would usually see a price drop to the point that I could just make a change to an assigned category for the same price I had paid or maybe for $100/pp or less. No more...it seems that Royal is mostly keeping their assigned category pricing high and stable and just putting out GTY's at a very discounted rate compared to assigned cabins. Also in the past I have always been assigned a cabin when booking a GTY within days to a few weeks....even if the sailing was months out...not anymore....at least with this Wonder sailing and from what I have been reading....they aren't assigning GTY's till much closer to sail date now. Or they are assigning them but aren't telling you what the cabin is....as I have been hearing from people that once you check into your sailing and download your sea pass to your Apple wallet you will find coding and be able to often see what your cabin is going to be even though when you look up your sailing in the app or on-line under your account it will still show as a GTY....sometimes till a week or even days prior to your sailing.

If you remember....spring break last year it was Wonder that had a few overbooked sailings....effecting people mostly that did GTY cabins. I am now wondering....no pun intended....that they used Wonder for a new pricing strategy going to this new pricing model....and working the kinks out lead to the overbooking that seemed to only been effecting Wonder.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Do they have butlers like celebrity ?

TIA

16 hours ago, bajathree said:

Yes....in the past when I have usually done a GTY...closer to the sail date after final due date if I didn't like what was assigned to me I would usually see a price drop to the point that I could just make a change to an assigned category for the same price I had paid or maybe for $100/pp or less. No more...it seems that Royal is mostly keeping their assigned category pricing high and stable and just putting out GTY's at a very discounted rate compared to assigned cabins. Also in the past I have always been assigned a cabin when booking a GTY within days to a few weeks....even if the sailing was months out...not anymore....at least with this Wonder sailing and from what I have been reading....they aren't assigning GTY's till much closer to sail date now. Or they are assigning them but aren't telling you what the cabin is....as I have been hearing from people that once you check into your sailing and download your sea pass to your Apple wallet you will find coding and be able to often see what your cabin is going to be even though when you look up your sailing in the app or on-line under your account it will still show as a GTY....sometimes till a week or even days prior to your sailing.

If you remember....spring break last year it was Wonder that had a few overbooked sailings....effecting people mostly that did GTY cabins. I am now wondering....no pun intended....that they used Wonder for a new pricing strategy going to this new pricing model....and working the kinks out lead to the overbooking that seemed to only been effecting Wonder.

Thanks for all of the information you have provided.

• Like 1