Puerto Madryn Chile shuttle

shepherd really

Did you mean Puerto Madryn Argentina?

If so, the dock is right at the town, so I would suspect there is no reason for a shuttle.  Never been one on my several cruises stopping there.  Most folks are taking tours out to areas away from the town, so there would likely be little demand, even if needed.

Google Maps is your friend:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Puerto+Madryn,+Chubut+Province,+Argentina/@-42.7613631,-65.0428845,14.08z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0xbe02355e87a2ead1:0x1e890d2810b44382!8m2!3d-42.7636217!4d-65.0348311!16zL20vMDRicGZ6?entry=ttu

4 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Did you mean Puerto Madryn Argentina?

If so, the dock is right at the town, so I would suspect there is no reason for a shuttle.  Never been one on my several cruises stopping there.  Most folks are taking tours out to areas away from the town, so there would likely be little demand, even if needed.

Google Maps is your friend:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Puerto+Madryn,+Chubut+Province,+Argentina/@-42.7613631,-65.0428845,14.08z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0xbe02355e87a2ead1:0x1e890d2810b44382!8m2!3d-42.7636217!4d-65.0348311!16zL20vMDRicGZ6?entry=ttu

Yes, I meant Argentina.  Thanks for the incorrect answer, since I just saw a van with a sign that said "Free Shuttle" pull up to the ship.  

What's the saying?

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Sometimes google is not your friend.

• Haha 2

You have it figured out now, just wanted to throw in I have no idea as we didn't go there. Our only Argentina stops were Buenos Aires and Ushuaia.

• Like 1

You asked a question.  I gave you my experience with shuttles there.  I also gave you a map link to show how close the pier is to downtown.  Wonder just how that was any kind of misinformation.

As for you just now seeing a shuttle....makes me wonder.  You are there in Argentina.  You could have gotten an answer from the ship's reception desk.  Instead, you turn to an internet forum.  Or just look for yourself.

Wonder what that says.

We were in this port a couple of weeks ago and yes, there was a shuttle. Ships dock right in town but it is a long pier and the ships are at the far end which can be problematic for those with mobility issues (we walked it in about 8mins). Once the ship’s excursions had cleared out after we docked the shuttle started. It goes the length of the pier, loops around a small traffic circle then stops to let people off and on. This was a Princess cruise so I don’t know if the shuttle was specifically arranged by them or if it is done for all cruise lines.

We really enjoyed walking around this port on our own.  There’s a nice water front walkway with public art, some good local vendor stalls, a small shopping mall, and places to eat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Wonder what that says.

For one thing, it says you were wrong. For another 

it says I asked it at 9:00pm when I didn’t feel like leaving my cabin. 

thirdly, if I didn’t mention it, you were wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

it says I asked it at 9:00pm when I didn’t feel like leaving my cabin.

Sorry to hear that the telephones on Oceania aren't working, so you can't call the front desk.

They really should fix that.

43 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Sorry to hear that the telephones on Oceania aren't working, so you can't call the front desk.

They really should fix that.

You were still wrong, you should really man up to that.  That appears not to be fixable.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

You were still wrong, you should really man up to that.  That appears not to be fixable.  

I wrote: "Never been one on my several cruises stopping there."

That is a fact.

Whether there is one today or not was never the issue.  I spoke my experience.

You, OTOH, couldn't go to the front desk, couldn't call the front desk, and insist on pointing out my non-existent errors.

Really.

2 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

I wrote: "Never been one on my several cruises stopping there."

That is a fact.

Whether there is one today or not was never the issue.  I spoke my experience.

You, OTOH, couldn't go to the front desk, couldn't call the front desk, and insist on pointing out my non-existent errors.

Really.

You were wrong, had an attitude and refuse to admit your error and move on.

Really.

No need to reply, I won't see it.

• Haha 1