Recent cruise on Seashore was Fantastic! Any Questions?

Sthrncrusr

I wrote a review and am waiting for CC to post it so in the meantime, if you have any questions, I’m happy to answer. This was our 3rd MSc cruise, all on their larger, newer ships. Previously, we’ve sailed Disney, Royal and Carnival. Had a Fantastica Balcony but are Diamond members via status match years ago when they really tried to enter the US market. Food was very good. Surprisingly so actually! We did notice they have edited their menus to be a little more American geared on this ship/sailing. We met mostly Americans on this ship whereas last sailing my kids met others from Belgium, Spain, etc. Staff friendly and helpful.  Kids made friends in the teen and juniors clubs! Shows were really great too. Overall, we had a great week. Not sure about all the negative reviews. 

Glad to hear you had such a great time! I too noticed an improvement in food quality from my last Mervaviglia sailing in October and my Divina sailing in February. I thought maybe it was the difference in ship, but maybe they are making a concerted effort fleet-wide?

Did you go to request a different dining time,if so do you remember the location?

We sail next month, 5th MSC cruise, first time on Seashore. Look forward to your review

We did not. We had requested early seating, but were assigned late seating, but the late seating on the ship was 7:15 and we were super happy with that. The main seatings are 515 and 715 but I also noticed there was one dining room dedicated to 915 seating on the little dailies but I believe that was for a very small percentage compared to the overall people cruising. Again, I think this ship had mostly Americans on it because on our last few MSC Cruises, there was definitely a solid super late dining time which is what we didn’t want since we were sailing with our kids. 
I don’t think that helps you too much!

• Like 1

sthrncrusr

May I ask you about dis-embarkment please?  What time was your flight from MCO and what time did you get off the Seashore to be able to make it to MCO?

We are booked on this same cruise in October and were looking at a 1:55 pm flight out of MCO and was wondering if that will work

Thank you!

Due to my husband’s Diamond status, we were Zone 2. Thus, had to be out of our rooms by 7am. Went to the buffet for breakfast and then to our meeting spot in the Sports Bar. Within 5 minutes they called our zone. We were down by our luggage within 10 minutes but just as we were all walking over, the port authority folks put up a temporary barricade to deliver a few rounds of luggage for other zones. The woman apologized for the slight delay and explained they just have to keep us and our kids safe by halting passengers for about five minutes. They were quick! They do force you to use a porter and there were a ton of them. Carry some cash to tip! He brought our luggage all the way to our car in the parking deck. Super friendly. We were pulling onto the highway by 8:26am if that helps! Not sure if this was the case with everyone else but it seemed to be a well oiled machine as far as getting people in and out quickly. We had no complaints.

Thank you!

Same experience we have had with NCL, quick and efficient with no problems getting to MCO for  1:55 pm flight but we are new to MSC so we aren't too sure about how their process works.

Sounds like we should be safe with our plans!

Thanks again and looking forward to our first MSC experience and our first time cruising with the Grandkids!

We always just bring passports for them! 😳 I’m assuming that’s fine since they’re our kids and not grandkids?!

I need to read the fine print….

any other Americans sail with minors? What did you do?

I think they meant me as grandma! But were also bringing their mom and dad and we all have passports so we should be good!