Dining on Queen Anne

Doug fh

Hi All, 

Not sure if anyone can help, I booked a cruise for western med in July as my daughter had already booked so thought I would surprise  her.

She has a Britannia Club cabin and I booked the cabin next to this which is only Britannia, I'm concerned that we will not be able to dine in the same restaurant, would she be allowed in the normal Britannia restaurant being a club class passenger?

Many thanks

Doug

The shortanswer is yes, she could.

However, the fact that she is paying far more for the privilege of dining Club, and she may not be too pleased wasting all that money on something she doesn't get. The restaurant is the ONLY club privilege.

Might not be the surprise she wants.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Doug fh said:

I'm concerned that we will not be able to dine in the same restaurant, would she be allowed in the normal Britannia restaurant being a club class passenger?

Doug,

I don't think there will be a problem at breakfast and lunch in the MDR as it is open seating for those meals. Dinner might be more of a problem. If you cannot make arrangements with Cunard prior to the cruise then I would approach the Mater d on embarkation day. Is your daughter traveling solo? Of course you will be able to dine together in the evenings in the speciality restaurants. You may want to consider rebooking in Club or hope for a chance to bid on an upgrade. Like BigMac1953 noted, the open dining with the same table/staff is one of the main perks of booking in Club. 

Good luck,

Jack

@Doug fh - I hope both you & your daughter enjoy the cruise. In view of the problem you have described and the advice you’ve already had, I think the situation has a better chance of working out to both your satisfactions if you drop the surprise in favour of breaking the news to your daughter now so that you can both explore options for resolving the dining issue (and any others) before you’re onboard and it is possibly too late. Good luck. 

• Like 2

Thank's all 

Spoke to Cunard and they have linked the booking so will need to ask when on board, she and her husband are quite happy to eat in the main Britannia dining room but obviously they will go on their own on some occasions.

They didn't just book it for the dining in the club restaurant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doug fh said:

They didn't just book it for the dining in the club restaurant.

Just to manage expectations, the main reason to book BC is to eat in the Club restaurant. The cabins are basically the same balcony cabins and on upper decks. I don’t believe BC cabins have the “dreaded” shower curtains though. 

10 minutes ago, NE John said:

Just to manage expectations, the main reason to book BC is to eat in the Club restaurant. The cabins are basically the same balcony cabins and on upper decks. I don’t believe BC cabins have the “dreaded” shower curtains though. 

Of the ships already sailing only the new Club cabins on Deck 13 on QM2 have shower doors, all other Britannia Club cabins are the same as balcony Cabins.