Embarkation time

For our Regal cruise out of Galveston, the boarding time is 10:30 - 2:00.  If we are not planning to try and reserve the Sanctuary, are there any other advantages to boarding early? I assume the staterooms will not be available at 10:30.  We generally prefer to board when staterooms are available so we can drop out carry-ons off right away and not have to drag them around. We have a reserved parking space, so not concerned about that. 

12 minutes ago, SamFaniam said:

For our Regal cruise out of Galveston, the boarding time is 10:30 - 2:00.  If we are not planning to try and reserve the Sanctuary, are there any other advantages to boarding early? I assume the staterooms will not be available at 10:30.  We generally prefer to board when staterooms are available so we can drop out carry-ons off right away and not have to drag them around. We have a reserved parking space, so not concerned about that. 

Your thinking is correct.  It is somewhat unpredictable as to when get unfettered access to cabins, but we can normally drop bags in and then leave for lunch.  Suit yourself - less lines later after the initial rush is on board.

• Like 2

We always wait till at least 12:00 to stay away from the early crush. I have seen lines out the door and down the street early in SF. Especially fun when it rains 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SamFaniam said:

We will be on the Regal in November.  From what I've read 10:30 to 12:00 is the worst.  We too will park in the Express parking lot.  The plan for us, is to drop off our luggage with the porters about 11:30, drive next door to the Express parking and ride our scooters back to check-in.  Hopefully our stateroom will be available.  Then head to the MDR for lunch.

On the parking, did you go online and reserve it yet?  If not you probably want to do that.  FYI, check the port schedule for departure and arrival.  Ours are pier 28 for both.  Recently however, somebody posted that they left from 28 but disembarked at 25.  Disney sometimes operates out of 28 which is next to the express lot.

• Like 1