Cabo Excursions in January, 2025

We will be in Cabo on January 6 from Noon until 6:00 p.m.  That isn't a long time.

We are interested in whale watching and hoped there would be recommendations for tour operators.  We rarely take the ship excursions as we find them to be really crowded.

I have looked at some of the whale watching tours,  but they do not seem to offer tours that would fit in this time frame.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

We are from Texas and are active.  Of course,  we really would like to see the whales, but if this is not possible, please make other suggestions.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Usually the tour companies offer both a morning and an afternoon time. Good companies that operate catamarans include Pez Gato (our favorite), SunRiders (also a favorite), EcoCat, La Princessa, and Rissalena. Also - there are many sailboats available for private or group charter that could customize your timeframe. Parent site of CruiseCritic: TripAdvisor has a forum board just for Cabo and can provide additional info.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g152515-i84-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

and also

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Products-g152515-t12052-zfg11865-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

• Like 1

Taxi's are VERY EXPENSIVE in Cabo so that would be an expensive trip just for the taxi. You could do Uber and it might be easier to get a return trip that way (and much cheaper). Personally - I would just bite the bullet and get on one of the many catamarans that offer tours there. But make sure you know where they are going. Some also just go to Playa Santa Maria Cove instead. On the plus side - most offer drinks and a lunch on the way back (included). All of those companies I listed above also offer snorkeling trips.