Parking San Francisco Cruise Port

This is what the port recommends: https://sfport.com/maritime/cruise#tab-12453-pane-2

It's as good as anything else in the area.  There really isn't anything close.  We've found the best thing to do is to drop off luggage and other passengers and then go park the car and walk back.  It's maybe a 5 - 10 minute walk.  Just do the reverse when you get back.

7 minutes ago, jmelnick said:

This is what the port recommends: https://sfport.com/maritime/cruise#tab-12453-pane-2

It's as good as anything else in the area.  There really isn't anything close.  We've found the best thing to do is to drop off luggage and other passengers and then go park the car and walk back.  It's maybe a 5 - 10 minute walk.  Just do the reverse when you get back.

Thank you for the response. Have you parked there? Do you know how far in advance should we book our parking?

30 minutes ago, rdailybread said:

We are cruising on Princess out of San Francisco. We will be driving and leaving our car. Where is a good lot to park? Thank you in advance!

ABM Parking Services
80 Francisco Street, San Francisco, CA 94133
Office: (415) 398-4162 | Cell: (415) 417-9412

Call them ahead of time and tell them you're cruising out on Princess and give them the info.  You can prepay and print out your authorization, which will save you a lot over the price if you just drive in.  An easy walk to the pier, especially if you drop off your luggage with passenger at the pier, then park and walk the short distance back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rdailybread said:

Thank you for the response. Have you parked there? Do you know how far in advance should we book our parking?

We have parked in this lot at 80 Francisco for our cruises out of San Francisco several times and it has been fine for us. Can be a bit hard to navigate with a larger vehicle but we managed to make it work with our Suburban. I agree with the advice to drop your bags first - my DH generally drops me off at the port, along with any other family traveling and we get the bags checked in while he parks and then walks over to meet us. As far as reservations, I would suggest as early as possible if you want to guarantee a spot. We have never had a problem leaving our car there - it seems pretty secure and is reasonably priced and convenient.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

We park at the BART North Berkeley Station (reserved in advance).

Interesting idea. Do you then take an Uber or cab to the Cruise Terminal? 

18 hours ago, rdailybread said:

Interesting idea. Do you then take an Uber or cab to the Cruise Terminal? 

Uber.

And there other BART stations that offer long term parking. I am a Cal grad, DW is a St. Mary's girl so we like a couple of days in Berkeley.

54 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Uber.

And there other BART stations that offer long term parking. I am a Cal grad, DW is a St. Mary's girl so we like a couple of days in Berkeley.

It’s nice that you know your way around the area. We’ve never ridden BART. Thanks for the tip!