Silver Moon, May 5-23 and May 23 - June 9, 2024

FLRI

Both cruises are now cancelled.  Full refund (Takes up to 90 days to process???!!!🙄), 20% off the new increased prices and must book by May 31st.  Up to $500 for non-refundable things with receipts.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, texanaust said:

Both cruises are now cancelled.  Full refund (Takes up to 90 days to process???!!!🙄), 20% off the new increased prices and must book by May 31st.  Up to $500 for non-refundable things with receipts.  

Where did you get the info? Did you get an email? Still showing waitlist on the website and haven’t gotten an email yet….Can you post a picture of the email if you got one?

Edited by FLRI

56 minutes ago, texanaust said:

The fine print mentions the refund being up to 90 days which is cut off from my screen shot.

Thank you Texanaust.  At least I can start formalizing my Plan B.  I appreciate everyone who warned me, it was easier to take in small chunks.  This is the 3rd cruise to cancel for this vacation segment so I don't need any more hints.  I'll take a land tour this year.  

1 hour ago, texanaust said:

Yes, an email.  I think they went out to agents first.

image.thumb.png.62f08d2af99cd5757200f694694f1cc4.png

Thanks for posting and sharing the news. Disappointed on so many levels, especially the way they handled this.

And announcing 1) 46 days before the cruise when they knew this was going to happen awhile ago and 2) it right after a fare increase. Not nice.

It’s clear Silversea has become more focused on marketing than delivering the product they are marketing. 

9 hours ago, texanaust said:

Yes, an email.  I think they went out to agents first.

image.thumb.png.62f08d2af99cd5757200f694694f1cc4.png

We had a cruise cancelled in February. We got the same mail however, when I read it I thought it was a refund AND 20 percent off a future cruise, this was not the case, it was OR, I think its just poorly worded.

I emailed my agent last night and she responded this morning.  She still hasn't heard anything so she is contacting them this morning.  When SB cancelled my cruise, they emailed both of us at the same time and relatively quickly after rumors of them cancelling started.  I preferred some things SS offered, but this experience has soured me on them.  Thanks to this forum, I had plans in place but if not, I don't know if I'd have enough time to come up with an alternate itinerary.  I wasn't really thinking about the cruise after me so I had no idea it was connected to the issues in the Red Sea in any way.  I think my next cruise will be with SB and I'll take note of the cruises before and after me.

In addition to my last post, SS said they would refund "reasonable cost" of expenses incurred. I now note they have placed a limit on those costs incurred. To be fair SS refunded the air fairs we paid for independently and a pre booked hotel cost. 

Posted (edited)

So my agent still has not been notified of the cancellation (and neither have I) and when she called the person she spoke with didn't know it was cancelled.  If I hadn't sent her the screen shot of the email, I don't think she would have pushed so hard but she did and they saw it was cancelled and put in for the refund. I checked and my booking is gone so I'm going to cancel my Mumbai airport transfer and my flight.

I will have to asked for my $200 airfare penalty separately but she said the refund for the cruise should appear within one to 3 weeks which is much more reasonable than 90 days. Has anyone else received a Dear Esteemed Guest letter yet?

Edited by babydrum

Travel agent has advised of cruise cancellation. Full refund and 20% off as per previous posts. It's a relief this has been confirmed, but it could have been done weeks ago. Very poor customer communications from Silversea and because of this experience, will never cruise with them. Will certainly look seriously at their competitors.

2 hours ago, tonyssss said:

Travel agent has advised of cruise cancellation. Full refund and 20% off as per previous posts. It's a relief this has been confirmed, but it could have been done weeks ago. Very poor customer communications from Silversea and because of this experience, will never cruise with them. Will certainly look seriously at their competitors.

Its not AND its OR 20 percent off a future cruise. We had a cruise cancelled in February, I questioned this with our TA, we took the full refund option.