Using the Gift Cards

Posted (edited)

I just purchased $2000 worth of gift cards from AARP rewards. I currently have $2005 and change in my cart on the Carnival website (thanks to everyone on CC that helped point me in the right direction for that). It allowed me to enter three of the four gift cards, but it wouldn't apply the fourth one, and I'm not seeing an error message. Is there a limit on how many gift cards can be redeemed at one time? I can remove some things from my cart and do this in two transactions if I need to and I know that I can call if I need to but it is preferable to do just one transaction. Any hints or tips? (I found out the hard way that it won't let you use the gift card online if your purchase doesn't use all of the balance on the card. I tried to prepay tips with one and it wouldn't let me.)

Edited by sparks1093

Posted (edited)

You can use more, the site seems to be acting up again today (it did the same yesterday). 

I had luck using Chrome "incognito" mode (or IE/Edge "private" mode)

image.png.595990ac956022fcce64b36adc5947d1.png

Edited by Moparfiend
added image

5 minutes ago, Moparfiend said:

You can use more, the site seems to be acting up again today (it did the same yesterday). 

I had luck using Chrome "incognito" mode (or IE/Edge "private" mode)

image.png.595990ac956022fcce64b36adc5947d1.png

Thanks, third time was the charm and all of the gift cards went through. Just a glitchy website I guess. 

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I just purchased $2000 worth of gift cards from AARP rewards. I currently have $2005 and change in my cart on the Carnival website (thanks to everyone on CC that helped point me in the right direction for that). It allowed me to enter three of the four gift cards, but it wouldn't apply the fourth one, and I'm not seeing an error message. Is there a limit on how many gift cards can be redeemed at one time? I can remove some things from my cart and do this in two transactions if I need to and I know that I can call if I need to but it is preferable to do just one transaction. Any hints or tips? (I found out the hard way thagift card online if your purchase doesn't use all of the balance on the cardt it won't let you use the . I tried to prepay tips with one and it wouldn't let me.)

I've booked spa, paid gratuities, paid for specialty dining and excursions with gift cards (online).  I've never had to use the balance on the card. In fact, I just write the amount left on the e-card, so I know how much I have left to spend. I don't know why it didn't work for you, unless it was another glitch!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pcvtmom said:

I've booked spa, paid gratuities, paid for specialty dining and excursions with gift cards (online).  I've never had to use the balance on the card. In fact, I just write the amount left on the e-card, so I know how much I have left to spend. I don't know why it didn't work for you, unless it was another glitch!

OP, not sure what happened but what she said is 100% correct.  I constantly use partial values on my gift cards!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

OP, not sure what happened but what she said is 100% correct.  I constantly use partial values on my gift cards!!

I probably should have tried that part again, but I just paid it with my credit card and now I have some cruise cash to spend onboard (so it all works out).

• Like 2

We tried loading our e-gift cards on line and they wouldn't go through.  We had to call to have them applied.   The rep says they have issues with the e-gift cards on line.  She said to always check afterwards to make sure they go through.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

We tried loading our e-gift cards on line and they wouldn't go through.  We had to call to have them applied.   The rep says they have issues with the e-gift cards on line.  She said to always check afterwards to make sure they go through.

Oh yes, received the email receipt and verified that the purchases are in my planner.

• Like 2

I have also been unable to apply my gift cards online.  It says payment applied, but as soon as you leave that page, they unapply and balance goes back to where it was.  Frustrating!