Masquerade ball

laticsmon

42 minutes ago, laticsmon said:

We are QV June/July 2 week cruise anyone know their if there will be a masquerade ball 

As the author of the pinned thread "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2024", please do double-check the schedule for your cruise. Log in to your booking in My Cunard and check the daily calendar found there. The dress codes will be listed for each individual day in your cruise calendar. For those days where the dress code is "Gala Evening" it will also list the theme (if there is a theme scheduled).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, laticsmon said:

Tried to look at QV schedule but the link sends me to something called Google drive?

Yes, I post the Cunard dress code and theme schedule documents on my personal Google Drive cloud storage. That way they are shareable files I can keep updated. If I were to post the documents as attachments to a thread here on Cruise Critic, they would become static files as of the time they were posted rather than files I can keep updated as I receive additional schedules or changes to existing schedules and itineraries. I hope that helps explain why those dress code and theme schedule documents are located where they are.

Edit to add: When you select the link to the QV dress code and theme schedule, isn't it displaying the contents of a "pdf" file showing you the schedule for QV? That's what's supposed to happen. If it isn't displaying the QV schedule document for you, what exactly are you seeing? Just a generic Google Drive screen or something similar?

Edited by bluemarble

4 minutes ago, laticsmon said:

Sorry but that's gone way over my head 

On post #1 of that thread, and somewhere on each page you should see a link to QV. Pressing on that should open a new page/window that has a list of whole year for QV. Follow that list down until you find your cruise. 

Clicking on this link should lead you directly to the file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cyvDcClHIEbbbga0u7o9M_DqNBL4ZdQL/view

If that doesn't work for you (perhaps you have a pop-up blocker) I think this is a list of dress codes for the cruise you described, although you didn't specify actual dates, so it's a bit of a guess. And because it's copied from the file it's not laid out as nicely.

V416

24-Jun-24 Civitavecchia Smart Attire
25-Jun-24 Gala Evening Black and White
26-Jun-24 Cephalonia Smart Attire
27-Jun-24 Corfu Smart Attire
28-Jun-24 Kotor Smart Attire
29-Jun-24 Dubrovnik Gala Evening Masquerade

30-Jun-24 Smart Attire
1-Jul-24 Trieste Smart Attire
2-Jul-24 Zadar Smart Attire
3-Jul-24 Split Smart Attire
4-Jul-24 Gala Evening Red and Gold
5-Jul-24 Valletta Smart Attire
6-Jul-24 Gala Evening Roaring Twenties
7-Jul-24 Sorrento Smart Attire

3 minutes ago, laticsmon said:

Thanks a lot D & N those are our dates 

But I'm sure it would interest @bluemarble why you weren't able to access the link, if you can give him any more info?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, laticsmon said:

Sorry but that's gone way over my head 

Just to follow up, when you click on this link for the Queen Victoria 2024 Dress Code and Theme Schedule document

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cyvDcClHIEbbbga0u7o9M_DqNBL4ZdQL/view?usp=sharing

then you should see something similar to the following.

2024QVDressCodeandThemeScheduleScreenShot.thumb.jpg.5e661ecabbeddb791425d57836dff598.jpg

If you are not seeing anything similar to this, please let me know exactly what you are seeing to perhaps help diagnose what is going on.

• Like 1

Both I believe, and they sometimes have a mask making activity. But you don’t have to have a mask: most passengers don’t, though more of those choosing to dance in the Queens Room.

33 minutes ago, Onelung said:

For the masquerade ball, do they sell masks onboard or do people take their own?

The masks sold onboard are very nice along with the high price $25-30.  Amazon sells fancy masks for like $4. I’d stick to the $4 mask. Masquerade Night provides a nice photo opp in the Queen’s Room so give it a try. 

• Like 1