Due to Both Celebrity and Princess, Did the Boards Go Down today?

Lois R

I tried to get on here quite a few times today. It was quite difficult,

if not impossible at times.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Was there so much traffic of people trying to find out new

information that it affected the boards?

Just wondered if it was my computer or did this happen to the

rest of you as well?

Hi Lois !

The boards were very slow earlier today. The good news is, they seem to have improved quite a bit over the past hour. I suspect it is due to the huge interest in the tragic events of the past 24 hours. However, I cannot confirm that was the actual reason for the slowness.

Hi Lois ~ yes, the amount of traffic trying to access the boards this morning was extremely heavy and affected access. Seems to have gotten a bit better as the afternoon has gone on.

Hi Anne and Andy:)

Thanks......

Hey Andy, you need to clean up that signature;) every cruise

listed is past......and back to 2004? You need to get some

future cruises listed:D

Hi Anne and Andy:)

Thanks......

Hey Andy, you need to clean up that signature;) every cruise

listed is past......and back to 2004? You need to get some

future cruises listed:D

Hi Lois !

You are right about my signature. I currently have 5 more Cruises booked, but I admit that every one of them are not 100 % definite, as I cannot confirm my work schedule that far in advance. That is why I have not updated my list yet.

I will do some updating soon :)

bad couple of days for sea goers!the celebrity accident,one dead from fire on dawn princess,two folks missing,presumed drowned in the sinking of the ferry off the b.c. coast,and now the sinking of a{?}ferry off the cameroons with maybe 150 people dead?lord just get me through the week.

It would be interesting if there are any administrator types who can tell us how much the traffic spiked today. I bet people were coming from all over...

Theron

Hi Theron !

I dont have the exact answer, but I am sure there was a huge traffic spike today, and that is why there were problems earlier. The good news is, things seem to be fine tonight.

I live on the west coast, I got into the boards at around 5:00 a.m. yesterday. That was the last time that I could get in all day until I am typing on this thread now. Naturally I assumed it was because of the Celebrity and Princess tragedies. I must have tried at least 8-10 times; could not get on, white screens, well you guys know that stuff. I want my boards back.:D But I bet it will be a few days before that will happen.

Marilyn

• Administrators

Was there so much traffic of people trying to find out new

information that it affected the boards?

Yes! Can't get too much of a handle on traffic for you, but there were over 800 new users yesterday.

Laura

This will probably slow things down again today.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/03/24/cruise.ship.fire.ap/index.html

Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor of the consumer cruise information web site cruisecritic.com, said in a telephone interview that she was surprised the number of casualties was not greater.

"There they were at sea in the middle of the night," she said from Lambertville, New Jersey. "What really struck me when seeing the damage was -- how could only one person die in something so bad?"

Theron

Archived