Just off Millennium

nijh

Posted (edited)

Disembarked in Singapore on Monday.

Most things back to how I remember X 10 years ago.  Food was excellent in MDR, all buffet stations open as appropriate in Oceanview.  Bars and waiters appeared fully staffed, no rushing around.  Chocolates on pillows.

Didn’t see any welcome onboard ‘champagne’ and the appetisers and starters still appear as one menu item, not every night had a hot soup option.

Other than those minor changes the experience was fantastic and as good as I ever remember it.

Shame we might now be priced out of going again 🤣

Edited by nijh
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

• nijh changed the title to Just off Millennium
7 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Nice. Did you enjoy the ports??

Ports were great.  Tuk-tuk drivers in Colombo were an absolute nightmare though.  They followed us for a kilometre and more trying to get us to take a tour when we just wanted a walk!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nijh said:

Ports were great.  Tuk-tuk drivers in Colombo were an absolute nightmare though.  They followed us for a kilometre and more trying to get us to take a tour when we just wanted a walk!

Did you cruise Mumbai to Singapore?  If so, did you take any independent tours or were they all from the ship? Would welcome any recommendations as we’re cruising the same itinerary, in the opposite direction, next year.

So good to hear!  We are sailing the Millennium on a Japan itinerary in early April and I hope we will have a similar onboard experience.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, villauk said:

Did you cruise Mumbai to Singapore?  If so, did you take any independent tours or were they all from the ship? Would welcome any recommendations as we’re cruising the same itinerary, in the opposite direction, next year.

We were on the voyage prior to this one, disembarking in Mumbai. We did a safari of the Yala nature reseve in Hambantota, Sri Lanka. Tour was very good with Merganser holidays for about $105 pp.

Edited by Strongbox
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Strongbox said:

We were on the voyage prior to this one, disembarking in Mumbai. We did a safari of the Yala nature reseve in Hambantota, Sri Lanka. Tour was very good with Merganser holidays for about $105 pp.

Thank you, that’s the same route as ours 👍. I’ll take a look at the tour you mentioned. Did you find all the visas easy enough to obtain?

It just so happens that we’re on Millie both this year and next. Looking forward to seeing how she’s been updated since our last sailing on her 👍.

Edited by villauk

We did all ship tours, apart from when we chose to just walk the town or stay onboard (Hambantota).  Just wanted an easy cruise TBH.

Please do not take the ship tour to Yala, it is incredibly overpriced.  A Sri Lankan friend of mine choked on his lunch when I told him how much X were charging.  Follow Strongbox’s advice and get a 3rd party tour.

Speciality dining.  Got approached a couple of times.  Second time I just said it was too expensive, and how much it used to be, and we could always get good discounts.  Guy dropped it to 2 for 1  without a thought.  Didn’t take him up on it though, to my mind just not worth it given the quality in the MDR.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Thank you for your review, we sailed Milly over twenty years ago when she was still a youngen.

Few rust spots here and there, our balcony divider broke a supporting strut during some high winds and got really wobbly (we did a DIY fix on that to stop it banging), but basically still in really good shape.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villauk said:

Thank you, that’s the same route as ours 👍. I’ll take a look at the tour you mentioned. Did you find all the visas easy enough to obtain?

It just so happens that we’re on Millie both this year and next. Looking forward to seeing how she’s been updated since our last sailing on her 👍.

Yes visas easy to obtain, just make sure you get the official visa sites or you may pay a premium. Ship was in top condition, sure you’ll have a great cruise

• Thanks 1