Sales Volume Very Low?

peder

4 hours ago, peder said:

We are just off the Euribia, and not a hint of marketing for Explora onboard. Seems like the future cruise consultants within the Yacht Club should be pushing that aggressively.

Exactly.

There's nothing wrong (other than experienced failure of the original marketing plan) with continuing with such (otherwise known as the definition of insanity) and adding the cross-marketing from the MSC cruise line; specifically the Yacht Club data base of passengers (about a million) and even all MSC passengers (after testing the waters with the Yacht Club loyalty program cross-marketed with $1,000 credit levels for Explora Journeys cruise booking in Tiers based on Yacht Club staterooms and number of cruises).

I mean, seriously.  MSC has all of our email accounts (for the Yacht Club data base of customers sailed) and we've never received a 'single promotion or reference to Explora Journeys.'  I'd bet the other luxury lines would love access to the MSC Yacht Club data base of customers sailed!).

Add your recommendation to that by having an Explora Journeys marketing such a loyalty credit program for Explora Journeys bookings 'while in the Yacht Club.'  Great idea!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

That's a really interesting booking profile currently.  No OT 1's show as available.  Then, oddly, the lowest deck of OT 2 is quite full, while the deck above is almost empty.  The OT 3 and OT 4 are also quite empty.

Wonder if an earlier promotion booked the the OT 1's, or promotional cruise for TA's and the like?

When we were on in February we stayed in an OT3.   While onboard, I booked for Jan 14 and Jan 21 2025 B2B and at that time there was a very noticeable difference in price between OT1 and the higher OT decks.  Possibly this accounts for the apparently fully booked OT1s for Jan 21.  

• Like 3

We are ready to book the 3/25 cruise from Miami and only have to decide what stateroom is best for us. Is location the only difference between the separate OT rooms.  In other worders, why would one pay more for an OT 4 than a OT 1 other than location

• Like 2

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I mean, seriously.  MSC has all of our email accounts (for the Yacht Club data base of customers sailed) and we've never received a 'single promotion or reference to Explora Journeys.'  I'd bet the other luxury lines would love access to the MSC Yacht Club data base of customers sailed!).

I agree in principle that there is a lot of good data held by MSC (cruises) that could help Explora Journeys. But that data is likely not available to Explora even if they are sibling companies and all involved companies want to share the data. 

disclaimer: i am not a lawyer but i am in the data privacy space.

For example. Email sharing as proposed between companies is expressly forbidden by the European Union’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) without prior consent for EU citizens. Regardless of their sibling status. Fines can reach the larger of 20m euros or 5% of global revenues. So many EU companies are taking a conservative approach to avoid accidentally sharing data of EU citizens by treating non-EU citizens the same as EU citizens. 

There is also a question on whether or not it is in MSC (cruises)’s interest to share their premium customers’ info with Explora. It might be in MSC (shipping)’s interest but that might not matter from a legal standpoint.

• Like 2

Dean , we were on Explora for 24 days in ot3 cabin  then 9days in ot2, no difference at all.  Both locations (deck 9 mid then deck 8 stern)

were fine.  Booking was based on availability of lowest price. Loved the ship and had great trip both times. Ps  I am not a TA or influencer

😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We first stayed in an OT2 then a Premium Penthouse. Decided the Penthouse wasn’t worth the upcharge so our next two bookings are in an OT1 and OT2 based on availability at the time of booking and our preference re location. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Seriously, the entire brand was conceived on the success of the Yacht Club, but the marketing ended up being built to entice new luxury and younger cruisers via TA's and influencers. 

The Yacht Club formula was to 'offer something better, for less.'  

I have agreed with many of your posts and statements but these two?

I dunno…..

There’s really no way of knowing why Explora was launched …..   

I would be more suspicious of MSC’s seeing the incredible success of Viking and thinking that they could do better AND have a product that they could sell globally.

The Yacht Club formula was basically to revive the old First and Second Class system with a twist - common entertainment facilities but with a private hotel component.

As for the marketing - I’ve stated this before and can’t state this enough - Explora is NOT just an “All Yacht Club Ship” just as Regent is not an all “Haven” ship and Silversea is not an all “Retreat” ship.

They are extremely different animals catering to clients with very different needs and expectations.

• Like 8