Disembarkation at Southhampton UK

Mrose11

Anyone have experience disembarking an Oceania cruise in Southhampton UK?
curious as to how timely we can get off of the ship and if there is customs involved

realizing there can be unforeseen delays due to port issues 

We disembarked there in July, no customs involved and booked the ship transfer to Heathrow. Got off the ship at about 8am, retrieve our luggage, hopped on their bus and off to the airport. It was very organized and by 9:30 we were at Heathrow. 

We disembarked last September in Portsmouth with no customs check (believe it depends upon your itinerary i.e., our itinerary was in the UK so no issue. However, if Southhampton or Portsmouth is the first port of entry to the UK, you would need to pass through customs). Previously, have disembarked in Souththampton and in both ports, our ship arrived early with no issues. You will complete a Disembarkation Form a few days prior where you identify your flight number, whether you have paid for an Oceania transfer, etc. Luggage tags will be delivered to your stateroom which are coloured coded based on departure time and you follow the announcements of colour codes to know when to disembark, pick-up your luggage and get your transfer or taxi, etc. 

9 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

However, if Southhampton or Portsmouth is the first port of entry to the UK, you would need to pass through customs

My understanding about Customs is that, as at other entry points to the UK, officers are on duty but might only carry out random checks or act on "information received".

It's a few years since I last disembarked at Southampton and cannot recall the arrangements for immigration. But, again, I assume that as with all other entry points to the UK, folk have to pass through a Border Force checkpoint to enter the country (at least if this is a cruise which originated from outside the UK).