Celebration Group Dining Questions

I will be on the Celebration in July and traveling with a group.  There will be 12 in our dining group, so I chose early dining to make sure we all have a base to all meet and catch up on our day.  However, I am sure that part of the group will occasionally want to do other dining options over the course of our week long cruise.  As I understand if from other posts on the boards, if you are on a set dinner time, but choose to do specialty, you can't check-in until 8:00'ish? I do not know if I have that exactly correct, but that is not really my question.  

My question is this . . .

(1) If a part of the group plans to go to something like Cha-Bang, can they still go to dinner with the rest of the group to catch up with everyone at the early time, and then still check in and go to ChaBang later?  

(2) Hopefully this is a NO-Judgment Zone, what if at "said" early dinner you did eat apps, dessert, maybe even a full meal?  Could you still check in an go to ChaBang?  

(3) In the Carnival site in my account it lists "Your Managed Guests" and also "Additional Cruise Companions."  We are all planning to eat together daily.  Will we all be assigned a table together, or do I need to contact the cruise line to make sure we are all seated together.  If the later it the case, how do I do that?

Capture.JPG

Chi-Bang and Cucina Del Capitano are the only 2 that are more stringent on the after 7:45 because they are part of the Anytime Dining.  You can try and get in earlier but they will give priority to those that are booked on ATD.  I've seen both happen where they would allow you to eat at one spot and then another later on, and I've also seen it denied, so you're results may vary as well.

Answers to your questions:

1. Guests that have a specialty dining can go to their assigned MDR also.  They can leave the dining room at any time.

2. You can order whatever you want in the MDR it is part of what you paid for.  I personally would not order a meal if I was not going to or planning to eat it, but that is me.  You can still check in and go to CHi Bang.

3.  If your bookings are linked for dining purposes, they should put you all together (multiple tables).  Not being judgmental here, but it sounds like you booked these yourself, if you use a PVP or TA, they could assist and manage all of this for you.  Just a thought.

13 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Answers to your questions:

1. Guests that have a specialty dining can go to their assigned MDR also.  They can leave the dining room at any time.

2. You can order whatever you want in the MDR it is part of what you paid for.  I personally would not order a meal if I was not going to or planning to eat it, but that is me.  You can still check in and go to CHi Bang.

3.  If your bookings are linked for dining purposes, they should put you all together (multiple tables).  Not being judgmental here, but it sounds like you booked these yourself, if you use a PVP or TA, they could assist and manage all of this for you.  Just a thought.

2.  If we ordered something, we would eat it, it would not be for show.

3.  Part of our group did use a travel agent, part did online.  Everyone in our group is part of the party listed in the picture as either "managed guests" or "additional cruise companions".  I just did not know if we would all be automatically be seated together at dinner in the MDR.