Credit balance on booking after cancelling transfers

Has anyone had an experience like this?  If so did you receive a refund?
I paid my final payment.  After the final payment date, I purchased pre and port cruise transfers that were charged directly to my cc.  I decided to cancel my post cruise transfers and had to call Princess to do so.  They were cancelled properly and the "agent" told me (after I asked) that the charge would be removed from my credit card within 10 business days.  It has not been 10 days but my "Booking Balance" shows a credit balance and I'm concerned that this will remain until I cruise.

I made a recent booking within final payment due date.  I did not request transfers, I never do. Once e-mail confirmation received, I discovered that transfer - to the ship only - was added to the booking for one passenger.  I contacted Princess, and was told the charge would be removed.  Their mistake, so I assumed it would be refunded to my CC.  Wrong assumption, it appeared as an onboard credit instead. 

I have had this exact scenario.  My booking showed a credit due back to me when I cancelled the transfers (about a month before sailing) - but it never came.  That was in 2021 so I don't think it is coming.  Hopefully it was just that they were restarting cruising and accounting was not organized.  I should have called and asked after a certain amount of time, but never bothered to.

On 3/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

In cases where I have canceled something I have always had a refund to CC within 3 or 4 days.

This has been my experience too. 

I wish I could say that I've automatically gotten a refund. I never have and usually call for one after a week. So I did a 'test' on a smallish refund due. Refared a flight which left a credit. Waited 10 days & chat said credit was bring processed. Waited another 10 - 20 - 30 days. 40+ days after the website said I was due a refund I called my CVP. She 'flipped' something (her word not mine) and said I'd get it the next day. I asked when it would 'flip' on its own and her response was by the time I got on or off the ship. And yes, my bank app showed a pending credit the next day.

Yeah, I'll continue to refare  EZAIR when beneficial (lowest economy flight on EZAIR isn't always the lowest once I upgrade to Economy Plus) but I will definitely contact my CVP or 1800Princess to get the refund.