Credit balance on booking after cancelling transfers

Has anyone had an experience like this?  If so did you receive a refund?
I paid my final payment.  After the final payment date, I purchased pre and port cruise transfers that were charged directly to my cc.  I decided to cancel my post cruise transfers and had to call Princess to do so.  They were cancelled properly and the "agent" told me (after I asked) that the charge would be removed from my credit card within 10 business days.  It has not been 10 days but my "Booking Balance" shows a credit balance and I'm concerned that this will remain until I cruise.

I made a recent booking within final payment due date.  I did not request transfers, I never do. Once e-mail confirmation received, I discovered that transfer - to the ship only - was added to the booking for one passenger.  I contacted Princess, and was told the charge would be removed.  Their mistake, so I assumed it would be refunded to my CC.  Wrong assumption, it appeared as an onboard credit instead. 

I have had this exact scenario.  My booking showed a credit due back to me when I cancelled the transfers (about a month before sailing) - but it never came.  That was in 2021 so I don't think it is coming.  Hopefully it was just that they were restarting cruising and accounting was not organized.  I should have called and asked after a certain amount of time, but never bothered to.

On 3/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

In cases where I have canceled something I have always had a refund to CC within 3 or 4 days.

This has been my experience too. 

I wish I could say that I've automatically gotten a refund. I never have and usually call for one after a week. So I did a 'test' on a smallish refund due. Refared a flight which left a credit. Waited 10 days & chat said credit was bring processed. Waited another 10 - 20 - 30 days. 40+ days after the website said I was due a refund I called my CVP. She 'flipped' something (her word not mine) and said I'd get it the next day. I asked when it would 'flip' on its own and her response was by the time I got on or off the ship. And yes, my bank app showed a pending credit the next day.

Yeah, I'll continue to refare  EZAIR when beneficial (lowest economy flight on EZAIR isn't always the lowest once I upgrade to Economy Plus) but I will definitely contact my CVP or 1800Princess to get the refund. 

• 3 months later...

UPDATE to my original post (Problem resolved)

I boarded my ship on 5/27/24.  I noticed right away that my credit was not on my folio.  After 2 days, I went to Passenger Services very early in the morning with my paperwork showing the original credit balance.  The first thing she did was to read out load my charges and credits.  After she finished, I explained that while she was correct, but that did not answer my question about the credit balance that my pre-cruise account showed.  At this point she began working harder and in the end, she explained that she could send an email to accounting.  Naturally, I was concerned whether I would ever receive a reply much less a refund.  I asked her when I should inquire about the results of her email and she told me it would be in the day and that if the reply came in during her shift, she would notify me by phone.  Well, she did as she promised, left me a message and my credit card was finally corrected.  Thank you to a dilligent crew member!  I am confident, however, that if I had not followed through on this that I would never have received my refund.  

• Like 2