Where To Find Plus Package Specialty Deserts

4x4bob

5 minutes ago, Thunderbird19 said:

I was told premium desserts were those ice cream big mug extravaganzas.  We tried one (threw away all the  hard candy toppers - which seems wasteful - and I bet most people do) from the ice cream place near the pool.

I don't care, I just really need to try all of these big mug monsters!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cnice515 said:

I seem to be in the minority but I cannot wait to order one of these 👆 monsters lol

I am SOO excited 😍

Enjoy! I’ve seen them in person they do look good. I still prefer a simpler dessert and would stand behind my statement that 2 in a day is a lot lol but they also often come with a mini bottle of liquor so I can’t hate on them too much!!

3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Exactly! If they have the pie there, why don't they offer it in the dining room or buffet?

Well they do have something that vaguely resembles a key lime pie but really it's lime flavored foam slapped on a graham cracker. 🫤

• Like 1

Is there a list anywhere which says what is in each ice cream monster?  I think I may need to try one if only to get a picture of it - and my kids might eat the candy.

3 hours ago, Thunderbird19 said:

We tried one (threw away all the  hard candy toppers - which seems wasteful - and I bet most people do) from the ice cream place near the pool.

Are all the hard candies wrapped or unwrapped?  If they are wrapped, I'd just save them and take them home to my students, but if unwrapped, I'd probably just throw them away too.  I don't want to eat a great big lollipop, just the ice cream and cake.

6 hours ago, roobug said:

Is there a list anywhere which says what is in each ice cream monster?  I think I may need to try one if only to get a picture of it - and my kids might eat the candy.

image.png.0d17ad899bb3e351de0ffff05fa77a5b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I ordered the one with the key lime pie & said hold everything except the pie. They gave me a few cubes of pie in the sundae glass

I think it was the best dessert I had that trip! I'm sure my waistline appreciated I only got that little piece 🙂 On the candy, when I was standing in line, a man came up and asked for just the candy, so I it seems there's appeal for everyone, just different things appeal to different people.  The counterman gave him some.

• Like 1

That is what Princess is calling a premium dessert? I was thinking it would be some kind of super decadent cake or pastries, not a sunday with candy stuck in it.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2024 at 5:55 AM, cnice515 said:

image.png.0d17ad899bb3e351de0ffff05fa77a5b.png

Has anyone ordered those desserts and ask for the candy separate to take home to the grandkids?

I assume it's wrapped of course. 

19 hours ago, ajmac01 said:

That is what Princess is calling a premium dessert? I was thinking it would be some kind of super decadent cake or pastries, not a sunday with candy stuck in it.

There are a couple of cakes too, one chocolate and I can't remember what the other was.  They were huge slices, probably enough for 4 people.  I didn't try them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Has anyone ordered those desserts and ask for the candy separate to take home to the grandkids?

I assume it's wrapped of course. 

From what I have read, not experienced it first hand, is that sometimes they might give you just the candy (or you can pick them out individually) but the candy itself is not wrapped in anything. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

There are a couple of cakes too, one chocolate and I can't remember what the other was.  They were huge slices, probably enough for 4 people.  I didn't try them.

But just a word of caution from multiple read sources, stay AWAY from the red velvet as apparently it seems to be pretty bad lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cnice515 said:

From what I have read, not experienced it first hand, is that sometimes they might give you just the candy (or you can pick them out individually) but the candy itself is not wrapped in anything. 

I can't imagine that they have all those lollipops sitting around behind the counter unwrapped.  Surely they must come wrapped and the person who makes the dessert unwraps them before putting them on. 🤔

• Like 1

On the DISCOVERY, last month, I was refused anything except those giant desserts for the plus package. I told them that on the Regal, I was able to get the Frangelico sundae on the package. They said NO, it would be $8.00.

I then ordered the Donatello.. I said hold the cake & all the candies. I then took the sundae over to the bar to get a shot of Frangelico for the top   :O)

• Thanks 3

On the Regal in December our family tried several different kinds (I don’t remember which ones exactly) but none of them actually came with suckers or hard candy. My son also tried one on enchanted last summer and no hard candy on that either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nodakrulz said:

On the Regal in December our family tried several different kinds (I don’t remember which ones exactly) but none of them actually came with suckers or hard candy. My son also tried one on enchanted last summer and no hard candy on that either.

So glad to hear that. What a waste of food & money. Most people do not eat them.

On my last cruise I asked for the sundae in a plain glass. I find all the chocolate & candies stuck on the out side to be an incredible waste. There is NO way you could even eat them if you wanted. They said they could not do that as all the glasses are made up ahead of time & put in the refrigerator.

On 3/6/2024 at 10:52 PM, stoneharborlady said:

What a joke, Princess must be laughing their heads off at the passengers that think this is a "Premium Dessert"

They are laughing, you are correct. Google Princess Boardroom laughing at Premium Desserts. It's on youtube

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, ajmac01 said:

Do the ones with the mini bottles go towards your drink package and count?

I think they stopped that awhile back... 

Last 3 trips, I never saw a mini bottle....