Foodies with Kids in Rome

Mimiya11

While I know there are tons of wonderful restaurants in Rome, am looking for centrally located kid friendly, non touristy places that would work for 6 foodie adults travelling with 5 kiddos.           

Thanks 🙂 

It would help if you could be a little more specific -- people mean different things by saying they're "foodies".  I think of a foodie as someone adventurous and wanting to try local specialties, but with 5 kids can't really see things like tripe and offal on the menu?

What are the ages of the kids? Italians generally are very accommodating to children in restaurants, but they are expected to behave.  It's never usually a problem to get plain pasta, for example. The bread plate saved me many a time when dining with a hungry 6-year-old boy in the evening who could barely wait for dinner...

@Mimiya11

I second cruisemom and would add that there are eleven of you.  You need to make reservations if you want to go to specific places.  And when you reserve say 11 people, not 6 adults and 5 children!

Thank you and to clarify cruisemom and marazul - 

For purposes of this question, we are looking for high quality food. Kids are ages 3 - 13 so pasta and pizza options are probably our best bets.  Just trying to avoid tourist traps.  

And am asking this far in advance so I can make reservations for 11 people.  Would never think of expecting to get a large table without a reservation.    

47 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Thank you and to clarify cruisemom and marazul - 

For purposes of this question, we are looking for high quality food. Kids are ages 3 - 13 so pasta and pizza options are probably our best bets.  Just trying to avoid tourist traps.  

And am asking this far in advance so I can make reservations for 11 people.  Would never think of expecting to get a large table without a reservation.    

Look at the thread pinned at the top of this forum: 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, marazul said:

Look at the thread pinned at the top of this forum: 

Yes I saw the mega thread and tried to search for recent Rome as it covers all of Italy.

I really don't have the time or inclination to read hundreds of posts.   

Thanks anyway.  

4 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Yes I saw the mega thread and tried to search for recent Rome as it covers all of Italy.

I really don't have the time or inclination to read hundreds of posts.   

Thanks anyway.  

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You’ve had some great suggestions. If you start from the most recent end of that really long thread about restaurants and work backwards, it won’t take you even two minutes to get a load of recommendations for Rome. I think you’re safe to choose whichever restaurants sound good to the foodie adults - I’m not sure I’ve ever been in a restaurant in Italy for lunch or dinner that didn’t have at least a few kids in it, happily chowing down. They won’t all serve pizza, especially at lunchtime, but I’d be surprised if they didn’t serve pasta of some sort. 

• Like 1