Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

Just now, jam19872016 said:

For this simple inside cabin man, that's way more than I would pay but I'm sure that's better than what X charges, and it comes with a REAL balcony instead of a window claiming to be a balcony. 

DH wants a balcony (his condition for cruising) whereas I like to keep my money tight in my fist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

DH wants a balcony (his condition for cruising) whereas I like to keep my money tight in my fist.

Another win for Cunard then, very few upcharge opportunities. Drink packages are obscene, but not necessary as you are allowed to carry on drinks as needed.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

For this simple inside cabin man, that's way more than I would pay but I'm sure that's better than what X charges, and it comes with a REAL balcony instead of a window claiming to be a balcony. I’m trying one of those this summer.  By the time I read all the naysayers on here it was too late to change in less I win the lottery and can move to a suite.  I’m going in with an open mind that in Alaska I’d really be using it to look out versus sit out in the sun.  Alaska is great for viewing from the top of the ship (I had an ocean view when I sailed to Alaska the last time and it was perfectly fine.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:
14 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

For this simple inside cabin man, that's way more than I would pay but I'm sure that's better than what X charges, and it comes with a REAL balcony instead of a window claiming to be a balcony. I’m trying one of those this summer.  By the time I read all the naysayers on here it was too late to change in less I win the lottery and can move to a suite.  I’m going in with an open mind that in Alaska I’d really be using it to look out versus sit out in the sun.  Alaska is great for viewing from the top of the ship (I had an ocean view when I sailed to Alaska the last time and it was perfectly fine.)

I think it will be perfectly fine for Alaska maybe even better than a normal balcony. I would never want to sit in my cabin in the Caribbean looking out with the AC cut off but in Alaska where it will be cool, I bet it would be amazing to wild life spot and gaze at the scenery from within my cabin. I have never breathed fresher air in my life than the air in Alaska. Simply pristine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

This is approaching the bafflement of gingerbread houses. Why?

Any chance to be silly and focus on that instead of things more serious is a good thing in my book 😀

And as a bonus, they put some effort into the buffet today 😋 

• Like 6

Thanks again for the great review. I am close to booking a 2025 January trip on Constellation and your attention to detail has made the choice easier.

Since I have Irish blood in me, I love how they put the extra time and effort into celebrating the day. I would love to do an "inside tour" of all the stuff they need to store for holidays and special occasions, and the logistics of storing off site as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vickykay said:

Jam,

thanks for the info on the coffee drink.  An igloo is one of my favorites!

Your welcome. It is my favorite also.

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

Thanks again for the great review. I am close to booking a 2025 January trip on Constellation and your attention to detail has made the choice easier.

Since I have Irish blood in me, I love how they put the extra time and effort into celebrating the day. I would love to do an "inside tour" of all the stuff they need to store for holidays and special occasions, and the logistics of storing off site as well.

That would be neat. I bet they store it on the ship somewhere but I guess they could keep it in Miami. Saves onboard space but would take some extra man power especially for a ship not based out of Miami.

• Like 1

Mobile bar is full. They had an Elite gathering tonight but I did not attend. Maybe next time.

I'm not even close to hungry and I was excited for tonight's menu as it's not one I've seen before or more likely I just don't remember it since I've only done 12 days once before.

Hitting the shops with my mom until the giveaway at 7, then it will be time for dinner. I don't know where I'm going to put it.

• Like 4

That was very good. Piping hot and a very good flavor. Nice and thick, not too watery. Portion was small but that is ok right now.

Dinner is here 834.

Mom got chicken Kiev

20240317_213420.thumb.jpg.00985bdb8909d0e74563be14337d2c13.jpg

I got filet of red snapper and beef brisket. 

20240317_213424.thumb.jpg.d1f97117e74dcaa356fe46355b72fbc3.jpg

20240317_213429.thumb.jpg.3d3486a2b0b05713246f90f6a2076c20.jpg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I recognize that collards and corn bread are off brand for celebrity but this southern boy enjoyed that dish a lot. The brisket was very tender and flavorful. 

The fish had a nice flavor, cooked in butter and white wine to tone down the fishy taste. Or so said Roldan I'm not that knowledgeable 😆. It was good although I wasn't crazy about the garbanzo beans.  That's a personal preference though, if you enjoy them I'm sure they were fine.

The pasta dish in the app indicated a charge, but the paper menu did not.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3

Dessert was a strong finish to a great meal. 

Roldan was a little off tonight, still good but I wondered about if I could still recommend him as excellent. He was aware and apologized and explained jackeline was not feeling well and had to leave so it was just him doing everything. Still no complaints. 

Closing in on 20k steps again today and I'm worn out, may only have a drink or two more before I retire. It could also be that I've stuffed myself into a coma, but either way I'm dragging a little this evening 😆

• Like 3

Screenshot_20240317-225239_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.6a3bdf59d94ca9337e1538910fa16e06.jpg

I hope this isn't going to be all Irish music. Great for staying on theme but I can't say I know any of this music.

Auntie Shazam was consulted for this one. 

Screenshot_20240317-225144_Chrome.thumb.jpg.91ca9f9ea5570b378993c48d4382cc56.jpg

17107304911513806673854080464959.thumb.jpg.840d35997023a4016ff96a275ae6cd59.jpg

Sue just walked in, I caught her in that pic rocking her stylish green dress. I've run into her a few times today and she's said hello each time, different style than a Carnival CD but she is up with the best of the Carnival best.

• Like 3