Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

We won’t blame Celeb for the deficient plating. But the bread things are too big to count as teatime sandwiches. Now whisper it: there have been many complaints that Cunard serves whipped not clotted cream. Have you a separate cake plate?

Upon further talks with my wise Uncle Google, I have learned clotted cream is not leagle in the US. So at least sailing from a US port whipped cream it is I guess.

Funny the things the FDA allows in our foods but clotted cream is a no no.

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Upon further talks with my wise Uncle Google, I have learned clotted cream is not leagle in the US. So at least sailing from a US port whipped cream it is I guess.

They had it on the Ascent cruise out of FLL over Christmas in the retreat lounge during tea time. Perhaps the authorities shut them down. 

Edited by MNSails

18 minutes ago, MNSails said:

They had it on the Ascent cruise out of FLL over Christmas in the retreat lounge during tea time. Perhaps the authorities shut them down. 

Interesting as from what I've read it's not available for sale except direct from small farms in certain states and never across state lines. So if Florida is one of them, it is quite expensive to purchase since only small farms cam sell it (and could a small farm source a cruise ship?). Perhaps they were just labeling it clotted cream. Or perhaps my Uncle Google is wrong?

I can't say I was unhappy with the whipped cream, still tasty and I am still full at dinner time.

• Like 1

Just now, jam19872016 said:

Interesting as from what I've read it's not available for sale except direct from small farms in certain states and never across state lines. So if Florida is one of them, it is quite expensive to purchase since only small farms cam sell it (and could a small farm source a cruise ship?). Perhaps they were just labeling it clotted cream. Or perhaps my Uncle Google is wrong?

I can't say I was unhappy with the whipped cream, still tasty and I am still full at dinner time.

Well don’t let being full hold you back from ordering or we will all be disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Well don’t let being full hold you back from ordering or we will all be disappointed.

Prepare for disappointment 😆.  Skipping an appetizer and probably only one dessert. I may throw a lobster tail on my pasta if the mood strikes me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Prepare for disappointment 😆.  Skipping an appetizer and probably only one dessert. I may throw a lobster tail on my pasta if the mood strikes me.

I missed pasta on the menu but can get behind adding lobster to pasta.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I missed pasta on the menu but can get behind adding lobster to pasta.

Sorry, risotto which you are correct is not a pasta. I'm delirious after not eating for nearly four hours. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

That looks like a good combination.  I may have to get a risotto to go with my lobster next month.  

2 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Agreed.  Looks doable. 

They pair nicely together. 

Posted (edited)

on our next cruise, I'm going to try to order the lobster tail as an appetizer..esp if the menu is like this one..no great apps.

then I'd  go for the lamb or beef wellington as a main..

our next cruise is a ways off..but getting good ideas!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Not the biggest lobster fan, just got it because that's the thing to do. It had a nice flavor and the portion was decent for cruise ship lobster. 

The risotto is my favorite cruise ship risotto and this did not disappoint. I'm trying not to worry about the small portion, just means I might be able to get two desserts after all. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

I.m going to try to order the lobster tail as an appetizer..esp if menu is like this one..no great apps.

then go for lamb or beef wellingtona as a main..

our next cruise is a ways off..but getting good ideas!

I don't really think any of their appetizer menus are appealing. Not at dinner at least. I've enjoyed most of them, but they aren't things I would normally care to order.