Main dining reservations

Tssweety

Hi!. First time sailing on Princess. I was wondering if anyone could help me. Do I need to reserve dining on the app before sailing. We are sailing April 6 and we are doing main dining, not specialty dining and I usually do not have to book dining before the cruise. I wondered if I had to do that as we may pick a night or two to do one of the casual dining venues. Thanks so much .

While you do not *have* to make reservations...I suggest that you do simply to reduce the amount of time that you wait in line ay the door.  They will always accept "no reservation" diners, but you wil *usually* have to wait a few minutes.

And...as far as actually *making* those reservations should you decide to...I strongly suggest that you do so using the "web version" located on Princess.com logged in to your cruise personalizer.  Select your cruise, and on the very first tab that comes up (Summary, I believe...NOT Dining) scroll down just a bit until you see:

web version.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tssweety said:

Hi!. First time sailing on Princess. I was wondering if anyone could help me. Do I need to reserve dining on the app before sailing. We are sailing April 6 and we are doing main dining, not specialty dining and I usually do not have to book dining before the cruise. I wondered if I had to do that as we may pick a night or two to do one of the casual dining venues. Thanks so much .

No, you do not have to reserve dining on the app before you sail. I would say just wing it, especially since some nights you may eat in the dining room ,some nights you may eat in the buffet ,some nights you may eat at a casual place, etc. no reason to make reservations that you don’t even know what time you want to eat. Just show up when you’re ready for dinner and of course you may have to wait just like a land based restaurant .

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

While you do not *have* to make reservations...I suggest that you do simply to reduce the amount of time that you wait in line ay the door.  They will always accept "no reservation" diners, but you wil *usually* have to wait a few minutes.

And...as far as actually *making* those reservations should you decide to...I strongly suggest that you do so using the "web version" located on Princess.com logged in to your cruise personalizer.  Select your cruise, and on the very first tab that comes up (Summary, I believe...NOT Dining) scroll down just a bit until you see:

web version.jpg

Thanks so much.

5 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

No, you do not have to reserve dining on the app before you sail. I would say just wing it, especially since some nights you may eat in the dining room ,some nights you may eat in the buffet ,some nights you may eat at a casual place, etc. no reason to make reservations that you don’t even know what time you want to eat. Just show up when you’re ready for dinner and of course you may have to wait just like a land based restaurant .

Thank you this helps very much!!

Appreciate it.