Spring Break...away - Semi-Live from the NCL Breakaway! March 10-17, 2024

We bought the arcade package in the arcade for the kids, they said go to guest services. Guest services has sent us to Headliners. We’ll see how it goes here!

I have my first beer at least!

IMG_9349.jpeg

• Like 4

Starting to deploy ducks!  We brought around 200 and 120 are St. Patty’s day themed. We get off on 3/17, so I figured it was fitting!

IMG_9351.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We had a decent dinner then hung out a bit. Kids went to the arcade and the wife and I went to the adult arcade. The wife is having a hard time finding a drink she likes. She loves Alchemy Bar on carnival but nothing here is quite in that lane. Hopefully she’ll find something she likes before long. 

Current gambling tally:  -$50 ($25 min Pai Gow)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aggie182 said:

Holy narrow stateroom halls Batman!

After having our nice double wide hall down on deck 5 this past week I don’t want to ever go back to normal width halls. 
IMG_9106.thumb.jpeg.eb933f074d733c2414aebda19a89e51c.jpeg

It was so beautiful. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, boffoboffo said:

After having our nice double wide hall down on deck 5 this past week I don’t want to ever go back to normal width halls. 
IMG_9106.thumb.jpeg.eb933f074d733c2414aebda19a89e51c.jpeg

It was so beautiful. 

First time for us on NCL so we’re learning a lot! We’ll certainly note the superior halls on 5!

At this point I don’t know back from front or up from down on this ship!  It’s an adventure. 

Several things we like over our typical carnival cruises and several things we haven’t been fond of. I know we’ll have an awesome time no matter what though!

• Like 2

Following. Long time Carnival cruisers. We will be doing our first on NCL next Spring to Alaska. Interested to get your comparison of the two lines. 

15 minutes ago, TN Roz said:

Following. Long time Carnival cruisers. We will be doing our first on NCL next Spring to Alaska. Interested to get your comparison of the two lines. 

So far, all I can say is that’s it’s different. Can’t say better, worse, or the same. We know the ins and outs of carnival so some things on NCL are a little frustrating, but only because we don’t know any better yet. 

• Like 2

Fun first day. We got both kids (don’t ask! It was against my will!) the arcade package. We agreed going that we’d get it for one…that didn’t hold up well. 

With the kids being a year and a half apart, when they have fallen in different kids club age groups, Carnival has let the younger move up so they could stick together. They act like typical kids and rarely see eye to eye at home and with us, but this has worked really well for us. They can go and come together, etc etc etc. They seem to not mind hanging out with each other in these situations. The cut off from Spash to Entourage is 13, so with boy-wonder being 13 and sister being 12, they straddled that line. NCL said she absolutely could not join him. It was frustrating, but I get it. Not complaining, just throwing it out there for anyone in similar kid situations. 

We ended up eating at Osheehans later in the evening and got some appetizers. They were all decent but nothing blew us away. Adequate and hit the spot at 10pm though! 

We turned in around 11 last night and the toilet wouldn’t flush. Don’t worry!  It wasn’t me doing toilet paper research…that will come later this morning. My wife mumbled that she heard them outside the room fixing it some time during the night. I hope she’s right!  It did flush when I peed in the middle of the night. 

More to follow later after I get moving and cleaned up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View forward from the balcony. Can you hear this photo in your mind? Add in a few clicks from the shuffleboard game going on below and you nailed it!

IMG_9372.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m such a pushover. I am usually the last in bed and first up. 99.9% of the time, the first up for sure. I do this so I can walk around without being drug in another direction for the wife and kids. A bet of me time is always nice. So this morning, I’m spending my me time in the lien at Starbucks for the wife. One of those “Can you get me a blah blah blah at Starbucks, that would be awesome…..but it not, that’s ok”. I know it won’t be ok!  I kid I kid. She puts up with my $h!+. She deserves a Starbucks. 

The fact that she didn’t hurt me for booking this cruise (story for later) makes me happy to grab her one. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, aggie182 said:

I’m such a pushover. I am usually the last in bed and first up. 99.9% of the time, the first up for sure. I do this so I can walk around without being drug in another direction for the wife and kids. A bet of me time is always nice. So this morning, I’m spending my me time in the lien at Starbucks for the wife. One of those “Can you get me a blah blah blah at Starbucks, that would be awesome…..but it not, that’s ok”. I know it won’t be ok!  I kid I kid. She puts up with my $h!+. She deserves a Starbucks. 

The fact that she didn’t hurt me for booking this cruise (story for later) makes me happy to grab her one. 

Lol 🤣🤣😆

You're scaring me!

I bought Starbuck gift cards for my wife and daughter on Valentines Day for our upcoming sailing on Getaway and I also am always the first to rise so I can see this happening to me!

And while I love my girls, I don't want to wait in line for coffee . Lol

Have a great sailing! 

Wife and I are off to breakfast soon, while the kids sleep some more. 

Breakfast is my favorite meal and I hope it doesn’t disappoint!  I’m a big dude and enjoy big breakfasts when I can get them. 

• Like 1

So apparently our toilet’s struggles can be remedied by opening the shower door when you flush (per the guest services call last night that the wife made). What the heck?? 

• Haha 3

When this started, I didn't realize how much of the live would be about the porcelain thrown. But hey, I'm a big guy too and appreciate all the detail! I agree with that whole 90% reach around. Like, what the heck??!! 

I'm a NCL acolyte, so please be sure to give the line plenty of time and grace (ok, maybe not quite so much right now). I'm sure you'll love the trip though! Enjoy Central America and thank you for going live. It's so nice to keep reading about Breakaway and your experience as a family! 

12 hours ago, aggie182 said:

At this point I don’t know back from front or up from down on this ship!  It’s an adventure. 

Fish on hallway carpets always swim toward the front!   

• Like 2

Wife is having a harder time finding the NCL groove and isn’t having as good of a time as I hoped. We still have a ways to go and I’m betting she’ll come around. She’s not miserable by any means but is having a hard time finding drinks she likes, etc.

Here’s a few photos from today. 

IMG_9376.jpeg

IMG_9378.jpeg

IMG_9384.jpeg

IMG_9383.jpeg

• Like 1

@aggie182  Has your wife asked any bartender to make the drink(s) that she does like?

I mix-up my beverages daily, so, quite often I ask for different combinations than what is on NCL menus.  If they have the alcohol, the fruit and/or juice, and the mixer, it can be done!!!  If it is  PREMIUM liquor, or many combinations, they might charge extra.  If she can tell them what she wants, they will likely be willing and able to make her smile.  Wines, maybe, not so much!

My best wishes for you and your family!!!

Me being a pushover continues. I purchased $39 lipstick for the 12 year old, in exchange for a few selfies. 

She insisted on doing “cheers” with the lipstick and my beer. 

I made the kissy face in an effort to make fun of her. I didn’t succeed and really only succeeded in looking like a goober. I have no shame though. 

IMG_9394.jpeg

IMG_9393.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Moderno was good. It didn’t blow either of us away. We didn’t leave hungry, thats for sure. With the free at sea perk, it’s fine. Not sure it’s worth the price if we’d have paid. 

• Like 3