Brooklyn Terminal Parking

I wouldn't get there much before 10:00am. Boarding likely won't start until after 11:00, so if you get through check-in quickly, you will just be sitting in the terminal waiting.

2 hours ago, andychris said:

Would anyone know ow much the parking is?
thank you!

Our 7 night ran $315 (this AM).  Got here early figuring we could just have a few drinks while waiting for boarding. 

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. My husband and I are going on our first MSC cruise in May and are planning on parking at the terminal. We have cruised out of Manhattan several times and have always felt like the car was pretty safe there on top of the terminal building. Does the lot in Brooklyn feel safe? We are driving in from Massachusetts, and plan on arriving between 9:30 and 10:00. I am also wondering if the lot ever gets full and turns people away?

Edited by Cruising Lynne
spelling

6 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Hi everyone. My husband and I are going on our first MSC cruise in May and are planning on parking at the terminal. We have cruised out of Manhattan several times and have always felt like the car was pretty safe there on top of the terminal building. Does the lot in Brooklyn feel safe? We are driving in from Massachusetts, and plan on arriving between 9:30 and 10:00. I am also wondering if the lot ever gets full and turns people away?

I have sailed out of the Brooklyn cruise terminal three times now, IIRC. I have never seen the lot more than 2/3 full either coming or going. As for how safe it is? It's in a fenced-in industrial area... someone wanting to break into there would have to hoof it quite a bit. They would be better off just robbing the cars parked on the street in the more commercial/residential area nearby.

Here's a photo I took of the parking lot in September during sail away. You can see there are plenty of spots left and this is as we were sailing away, so this is as full as it got for our sailing:

PXL_20230924_231221823.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hydrotx said:

Our 7 night ran $315 (this AM).  Got here early figuring we could just have a few drinks while waiting for boarding. 

Where did find drinks, I didn't even see any water. 

1 hour ago, Cruising Lynne said:

We are also driving in from the East Coast of Canada and was just curious as to which route to Brooklyn do you guys prefer from Mass?

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Here's a photo I took of the parking lot in September during sail away. You can see there are plenty of spots left and this is as we were sailing away, so this is as full as it got for our sailing:

PXL_20230924_231221823.jpg

Thank you so much for your info and photos. I feel better about leaving my car there. I have not been on Cruise Critic much lately and appreciate that it is still a good place to come for information. 

I am getting excited about the trip and really looking forward to going to Ocean Cay. I have wanted to sail on Meraviglia ever since it was launched, and am happy that we can do it without having to fly. 

1 hour ago, joshuakids said:

We are also driving in from the East Coast of Canada and was just curious as to which route to Brooklyn do you guys prefer from Mass?

It will be our first time out of Brooklyn. We will check out the directions using Google navigation and Waze and then decide which one to use. I may also print out a map of the area around the cruise port just in case the navigation gets stupid. LOL Once in a while Waze is a little flaky.

We have only previously done NY cruises out of Pier 88 in Manhattan so this will be a bit different. I admit directions are not my area of expertise, so I am not very helpful. We take I-84 from Massachusetts into Connecticut and some of the Parkways into New York. My husband has always been the driver and I do not remember all the route numbers.

This is our first MSC cruise to Bermuda at the end of April. We have always sailed out of Manhattan and will also be parking at the terminal since we live in NJ.  Thanks for all the information. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. They still have to turn around and zero out the ship from the previous sailing. Muster will be super early, though. Also, Hola! will not be open for lunch like it usually is on embarkation day.

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 3:02 PM, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

With a 3 p.m. sailaway, will embarkation start any earlier?

I just got off my second cruise on Meraviglia (and I think I will take my third in September, I really like this ship and the convenience of driving to the port from Massachusetts).

I arrived between 10-1030 and embarkation had started already, though some debarkation groups aren't scheduled until close to that time (I know I saw 9:45am as one of the later group times on the disembarkation schedule and a note that stated you needed to be off by 10am) so start time will depend on how quickly the ship clears...I was Group 3 and we were about 20 minutes ahead of schedule.

Also, while the cruise time showed as 3pm on the app and paperwork, sailaway was listed as 4pm when I got on the ship and was after that when we actually sailed away. The muster video followed by visiting the muster station started at 3pm. (This can be quite hectic and I much prefer the "watch video and visit muster station by X time" to be much smoother).

Edited by Anastas617
edited for slight wording change

54 minutes ago, Anastas617 said:

I just got off my second cruise on Meraviglia (and I think I will take my third in September, I really like this ship and the convenience of driving to the port from Massachusetts).

I arrived between 10-1030 and embarkation had started already, though some debarkation groups aren't scheduled until close to that time (I know I saw 9:45am as one of the later group times on the disembarkation schedule and a note that stated you needed to be off by 10am) so start time will depend on how quickly the ship clears...I was Group 3 and we were about 20 minutes ahead of schedule.

Also, while the cruise time showed as 3pm on the app and paperwork, sailaway was listed as 4pm when I got on the ship and was after that when we actually sailed away. The muster video followed by visiting the muster station started at 3pm. (This can be quite hectic and I much prefer the "watch video and visit muster station by X time" to be much smoother).

thanks