Can you still buy just 24 hours of internet on board or only the packages?

Hello! I'm finding conflicting info in my research about this so does anyone know can you still buy just a day or two of internet on a cruise? I'm going on 3 cruises b2b2b and really don't want internet the entire time but may need it for a couple days. Seeing what options I have. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Pyxie said:

Yes, you can buy just 1 day of internet.

Thank you! Any idea of how much? I'm sure it's more (per day) than if you did the package..

Just now, ktinnc said:

Thank you! Any idea of how much? I'm sure it's more (per day) than if you did the package..

I've never bought just 1 day, so I'm not sure. I'm fairly certain that the 1 day price would be more than the daily price if you purchase for the whole cruise. But, then again, you're paying a lot more overall if you buy for the whole cruise.

• Like 1

I don't know the price but one, it absolutely can be done and, two, it is available for both Premium and Value. I'm less certain about Social. My son in law needed to do this for some important medical communication back home on a recent cruise.

Posted (edited)

The price today and what it will be when you sail will be totally different - Carnival has been hiking the price every few months lately.

I think Value is $20 for 24 hours, Premium is $35.

Lots of ports have free wifi these days, more and more every cruise it seems.

The Social plan can only be purchased for the length of the cruise.

Edited by mz-s

Thanks everyone! I’m going to be onboard for 3 weeks and I’ll have internet in all the ports so don’t need internet on those days….was considering paying for a few 24 hour days of internet since I’m a small biz owner (one woman show) and just want to be able to keep up on emails 🙂

5 hours ago, TiredTrucker said:

Just did this a few days ago on the Panorama to check in for our flights.   $25.

I think I paid $22 or $23 in December.  It seems to go up every few months these days.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 12:07 AM, TiredTrucker said:

Just did this a few days ago on the Panorama to check in for our flights.   $25.

Are airlines not part of the free sites that are accessible for flight check in?

20 minutes ago, TiredTrucker said:

I'm not aware of any free sites.   That's new to me. 

Not 100% on this bc we usually have the middle internet package but thought that there were very few sites that were available to use and airlines were available to access for flight check in.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Are airlines not part of the free sites that are accessible for flight check in?

The free sites are like carnival.com, used to be cdc.gov (not sure if still is). Airlines have never been part of the free sites.

Even if they were, the bandwidth afforded to the free sites is so low it would be nearly impossible to use them to check-in for a flight.

I think airlines are part of the social package, that may be your confusion.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've done this on my last two cruises. It's really nice on sea days - in port I usually have other less expensive wifi options available.

Pro tip: if you purchase your 24 hour pass in the middle of the day you'll have it for the rest of the day and the next day up to the time of purchase. I usually buy it around noon and it covers my online needs for two days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, salty dingo said:

I've done this on my last two cruises. It's really nice on sea days - in port I usually have other less expensive wifi options available.

Pro tip: if you purchase your 24 hour pass in the middle of the day you'll have it for the rest of the day and the next day up to the time of purchase. I usually buy it around noon and it covers my online needs for two days.

I was thinking of doing exactly this cuz i have 2 sea days and then 3 ports and then 2 more sea days on cruise 1 and 3 and the middle one it’s sea day, 3 ports, sea day…should work perfect!

On 3/14/2024 at 12:07 AM, TiredTrucker said:

Thank you for reporting back! 

I look forward to the day when cruise lines no longer see internet as something they should charge extra for, but rather an amenity like shampoo and includes it in the fare.