Barcelona itinerary help

Posted (edited)

Will be in Barcelona for two and a half days (3nights) pre-cruise.  Looking to schedule an itinerary … realistically knowing we won’t see it all.

Staying at H10 Catalunya Plaza 

1. Midday arrival, so for a half day, thinking of just wandering that area depending on jet lag.

2. 1st full day….

a city tour(suggestions??) to get acquainted with the city then a nice dinner

3.  2nd full day…

early tour of Sagrada Familia then Gothic Quarter? easy walk? Taxi?

4. 3rd day noonish

head to cruise port after leisure morning ( coffee/breakfast on the plaza)

Thanks for suggestions!

Edited by roupa

Which cruise are you on?

We are doing the same but staying at H10 Metropolitian.

I am trying to figure it all out like you. We are arriving early morning so I am planing an easy day because of possible jet lag.

Day 1 see if hotel room is ready early. If not drop off luggage and walk La Ramblas visit the market and find someplace for an early dinner.

Day 2 Sagrada Familia early entry then visit other Gaudi sites.Not sure which ones yet.

Looking at Flamenco show for early evening and a nice dinner after.

Day 3 Gothic walking tour is booked. Lunch after and then shopping.

Day 4 leisurely breakfast then head to cruise port.

Would love any recommendations for lunch or dinner restaurants. ☺️

3 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Which cruise are you on?

We are doing the same but staying at H10 Metropolitian.

I am trying to figure it all out like you. We are arriving early morning so I am planing an easy day because of possible jet lag.

Day 1 see if hotel room is ready early. If not drop off luggage and walk La Ramblas visit the market and find someplace for an early dinner.

Day 2 Sagrada Familia early entry then visit other Gaudi sites.Not sure which ones yet.

Looking at Flamenco show for early evening and a nice dinner after.

Day 3 Gothic walking tour is booked. Lunch after and then shopping.

Day 4 leisurely breakfast then head to cruise port.

Would love any recommendations for lunch or dinner restaurants. ☺️

Just scroll here

How to move in Barcelona

About Gothic quarter

About Montjuic mountain tour

Wanna something different away from Barcelona??

How to move by train in Spain

And bonus.... some Tips about Spain

Posted (edited)

I’ve spent a great deal of time in Barcelona. If it helps I just put together this suggested itinerary for a friend spending two and a half days in Barcelona before a cruise. 

If you want to make the most of your first day you might want to try booking a private tour with airport pickup and hotel drop-off. It works for me so that I can keep moving but not have to figure anything out for myself when I’m jet-lagged. I suggested to them that I’d just eat an early dinner at the rooftop restaurant at their hotel the first night and get to bed as early as possible.

IMG_2220.thumb.jpeg.81ec82dd80b02fc4b501217fe30a3ff8.jpeg

Edited by Torfamm

9 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I’ve spent a great deal of time in Barcelona. If it helps I just put together this suggested itinerary for a friend spending two and a half days in Barcelona before a cruise. 

If you want to make the most of your first day you might want to try booking a private tour with airport pickup and hotel drop-off. It works for me so that I can keep moving but not have to figure anything out for myself when I’m jet-lagged. I suggested to them that I’d just eat an early dinner at the rooftop restaurant at their hotel the first night and get to bed as early as possible.

IMG_2220.thumb.jpeg.81ec82dd80b02fc4b501217fe30a3ff8.jpeg

Just a comment. Los Bellota is under new ownership and we have been told it isn't as good as it used to be. It was our favorite lunch place and I would be interested on your comments since you obviously have been there before.

2 hours ago, marazul said:

Just a comment. Los Bellota is under new ownership and we have been told it isn't as good as it used to be. It was our favorite lunch place and I would be interested on your comments since you obviously have been there before.

I don’t think I’ll be in that neighborhood next time I’m in Barcelona but I appreciate the update. Do you have any more current suggestions close to the Sagrada Familia?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I don’t think I’ll be in that neighborhood next time I’m in Barcelona but I appreciate the update. Do you have any more current suggestions close to the Sagrada Familia?

Not really.  That was our favorite place in that area.

Edited by marazul

6 minutes ago, marazul said:

Not really.  That was our favorite place in that area.

There aren’t a lot of good choices in that area. Like all major tourist attractions, there are lots of not great options.I’d probably still try it. 

13 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

There aren’t a lot of good choices in that area. Like all major tourist attractions, there are lots of not great options.I’d probably still try it. 

Might do so too.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, marazul said:

Might do so too.

If they end up visiting the Sagrada Familia and eating lunch there I’ll ask what they think. 

Edited by Torfamm
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 4:25 PM, roupa said:

Will be in Barcelona for two and a half days (3nights) pre-cruise.  Looking to schedule an itinerary … realistically knowing we won’t see it all.

1. Midday arrival, so for a half day, thinking of just wandering that area depending on jet lag.

2. 1st full day….

3.  2nd full day…

4. 3rd day noonish

Thanks for suggestions!

Sounds pretty similar to what we did!  We arrived early AM - dropped luggage off at the hotel and ventured out along La Rambla towards the water.  We paid for a little cruise around the port and walked around the gothic quarter for a bit. Checked back into the hotel and unpacked for the few days we were there (toiletry items and stuff).   Then headed back out to find an ATM to get some Euros and eat dinner.  We were getting tired by then so after a quick bite to eat we headed back and we asleep by 8pm! 

Next day we had an all-day tour with Barcelona Day Tours for Montserrat and city tour (loved it).  And then the morning we boarded, I made reservations for Sagrada Familia in the morning and we just took the metro there and back and then a taxi to the cruise port. 

As I'm sure you know, be sure to purchase your tickets in advance.  Sagrada Familia is still one of the most amazing places I have ever stepped in. Enjoy. 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:55 AM, roupa said:

2. 1st full day….

3.  2nd full day…

4. 3rd day noonish

Thanks for suggestions!

If you don't feel jet lag, you can visit Placa Catalunya on that day. Then next morning, either get a private tuktuk tour or a guided city tour from https://gowithguide.com/spain/barcelona to get acquainted with the city properly. The next day for Sagrada Familia, you should buy tickets in advance from https://sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets, or else you won't be able to get in. After Sagrada Familia, head to the Gothic Quarter. It’s an easy walk from there.

Point of note, ATM's are hot spots for pickpockets ready to snatch your money as it leaves the machine or you turn round to put in your wallet,  have someone standing guard don't turn round until money is safe and be ware that they know where your money is now and how much you have taken out.