Future Cruise Credit

CruisingFox27

In November '23 we received a FCC, we made a booking in Dec '23 for a sailing in April '25 and requested the FCC be applied. (I haven't actually had confirmation from our TA that it has been, their website still has our outstanding balance without it applied).

However, I fear that the sailing will be cancelled - it's Dubai to Le Harve with Middle East ports, so requires the Middle East situation to be resolved and ships to recommence traversing the Suez Canal. The World needs this, as well as our holiday, but I'm not that confident.

If we leave the FCC applied, and it is cancelled, what timescales do we have for reusing/rebooking?

Alternatively, we've also now booked a cruise for June '24, is it possible to request that the FCC is applied to that instead? It would certainly save future uncertainty.

I'll be contacting our TA to discuss but thought I'd seek info here first if anyone has experience of similar?

Pure conjecture - If the FCC has already been applied to the Dubai cruise booking, it might not be possible to have it removed.  If that’s the case, you may have to wait it out ‘til the decision to cancel happens.  It would then be re-issued (I would think, anyway). 

Best of luck, Foxy. 

Having FCC applied to a new booking is much easier than having it applied to a booking that you already have. It can be done but it can get messy. 

Let's say that the FCC is from booking #1234. You also have a booking for another cruise and that booking number is #5678. If you try to apply #1234 to #5678, MSC will cancel #5678 (and whatever the total was) and make that future booking #1234 using what the current price of that cruise is. If the current price is less, great. If the current price is more, it can be a pain to get everything fixed. For example, if FCC #1234 is worth $5,000 and cruise #5678 was $5,000 when you booked but is currently $6,000, MSC will tell you that you owe $1,000 after the FCC is applied. You KNOW that the FCC should have covered your already booked cruise but MSC will try to apply the newer price to you, not the price that you already had booked. It will be a fight to get MSC to correct the price of the new cruise to $5,000 but it can be done (I've done it). 

If the FCC is applied and that cruise is also cancelled, you will get back the FCC in the original amount that it was. It won't get another increase if the 1st one was increased. The FCC will still have the same number (#1234) and the whole thing will start over again. 

If we leave the FCC assigned to our Dubai cruise, which appears the easier option, and it's cancelled, the FCC starts again. So, we would have 12 months, as on the original certificate T&C's to make a new booking and apply the FCC? I would be perfectly happy with that, but this is principally the point of concern. We had until Nov 24 to use it, if the April 25 cruise is cancelled in say, Jan 25, we're past the deadline. I just don't want to lose a significant value, FCC.

Hi.

With one or other situation that ship will be moved to Norway to continue all summer programation. This is, it will not be only yours but the whole cruises from Copenhage and Oslo for all the summer.

I bet that if the ship should not cross Suez canal, they will update programation. They could make a longer Grand Voyage replacing last Red Sea cruise or so.... but the ship will be moved

PS. It is going to be moved within next month in that way

• 4 weeks later...

Our TA has confirmed that our FCC has been applied to our Euribia summer 2024 cruise 🙂   It hasn't resulted in any issues with the booking. 

It eradicates any issues with needing to rebook or worrying about any expiry of the FCC. The chances of our Grandiosa repo actually sailing in April 2025 are rapidly diminishing by the day.