Alaska Cruise Tours Experiences?

Nikita4

We are looking for a Alaska cruise in July 2025 with the family (2 teens).
Now I found the Cruisetours from HAL and Princess.

Someone have experiences with cruise tours an tipps?

I have enjoyed the Holland America cruise tours.  I have taken tours to Denali and to the Yukon over the years.  They are very well organized.  However, for a family I agree with @AKStafford that for a family with teens you would do better to plan your own trip.  You can decide what your family wants to do and experience.  Plan ahead, though, since the tour groups will have hotel rooms and excursions booked for their passengers well in advance.  

You can use the cruisetour itineraries as a guide.  If you go HAL or Princess you may want to take the cruise train transfer to Anchorage, if possible, and rent your car there in town.  The airport rentals are more expensive.  

Many years ago, I did one with Celebrity.   I really enjoyed it and would use again.  I guess it depends on how much you want to do yourself.

I liked having someone cart me around, and having a meal at the end of the day waiting for me with hotel room figured out.  Was it the poshiest?  No.  Did I have to stress out about anything.  No.

Did I give myself enough time to enjoy Denali?  Wish we had picked another day.....we did 2 days in Denali, and it just wasn't enough.   

So, depends on where you want to spend your money, what you are willing to invest your time in, and what stresses you out. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

@Nikita4

Please consider the advice of @AKStafford and @oaktreerb!

You are 16 months out from your intended cruise. A rental car for your family would provide the flexibility that a cruisetour cannot possibly allow. With 2 teens along, perhaps they can do a little online research and come up with plans that interest them! For example, they might enjoy an overnight here: Hatcher Pass Lodge – Alaska's Favorite Mountain Playground which is next to an abandoned gold mine. Or this: Summer Hiking Tours Anchorage Alaska | Go Hike Alaska. And this: Visit - Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center

Happy Planning!

Thank you! 
We do a lot of individual land travel in Europe, the US and also in Africa. And it's always so much to plan and to arrange. For that we are thinking about a Cruisetour, to don't work two weeks for a three week holiday tour. 
Thank you for your tipps, I will look with my family what they want. The Price for a 18 Days Hal Cruise tour with a 7 Day Cruise in a Suite, was not bad! I know this is whiteout food on the land tour, but its really ok.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nikita4 said:

Now I do some planing with a rental car and hotels for 12 days. It's more expensive than the Cruisetour. So for the price level its attractive.

We are very independent travelers as well and do other types of vacations besides cruising.  We have a 15 day cruise tour booked for late May/early June on Princess.  I priced it out and the cost was more attractive with the cruise tour, especially after factoring in transportation costs.  I've seen some posts where people were quoting thousands of dollars for car rentals.  We also booked well in advance and prices have only increased for everything.  

Good luck in your planning!

• Thanks 1