New Offer for Delta Skymiles Members

Gretchendz

Good through April 7, new bookings only. Doubles the Bar Tab on many sailings. The fare is really no different.

Exclusive for SkyMiles Members, get 60% off your second Sailor and up to $800 in free drinks (depending on sailing length) on an Eligible Voyage. Every voyage includes dining at 20+ eateries with Michelin star chef-curated menus, unlimited fitness classes, world-class entertainment, and more. Enter “Virgin&Delta” in the access key field when booking your voyage by April 7th.

Virgin Voyages is partnering with Delta SkyMiles with a special offer exclusively for their members. You may have a Sailor who is also a Delta SkyMiles member who will reach out with an access key to take advantage of this very special offer.  Just note: proof of SkyMiles membership will be required when Sailors arrive at the terminal to sail.

Terms:

These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to the use of Access Keys in connection with the Virgin Voyages - Delta Skymiles Member Enhanced Bar Tab Offer (“Virgin&Delta Access Keys”). By participating in this Offer, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not permitted to use the Virgin&Delta Access Key. These Terms are in addition to Delta’s terms and conditions.  

1. Any Delta Skymiles Member who is a U.S. resident over the age of 21 is eligible to receive a multi-use Access Key. 

2. A Virgin&Delta Access Key:

(a) will grant the Recipient, while on an Eligible Voyage, 60% off the second sailor’s Voyage Fare and the following enhanced Bar Tab amounts:

• $800 for voyages of fourteen (14) or more nights’ duration
  • $400 for voyages of seven (7) to thirteen (13) nights’ (inclusive) duration
  • $200 for voyages of four (4) to six (6) nights’ (inclusive) duration

(b) The Bar Tab will be added to the lead passenger’s (i.e., “Sailor” in our marketing voice) folio. The Bar Tab does not apply to the following cabins: The Insider Meta Category, Sea View Meta Category, Lock It In Rate Ltd View Sea Terrace, and Mega Rockstar Quarters.

(c) Eligible Cabins, Percentage Off Only cabins in the Sea Terrace Meta Category cabins, The Sea View, Lock It In Rate Sea View, The Insider, and Lock It In Rate insider cabins are eligible for the percentage off in the ”Wave 2024” Offer. The Sea Terrace Meta Category includes the following cabins: XL Sea Terrace, Central Sea Terrace, The Sea Terrace, Ltd View Sea Terrace, and the Lock It In Rate, Ltd View Sea Terrace. The Sailors to whom the two bookings apply must travel in the same cabin.

(d) can only be used for voyage redemption by the Recipient, and is not transferable; and

(e) cannot be combined with any other discounts, special offers, or promotions.  

3. Important Dates and Eligible Voyages.

(a) To be eligible for redemption of the Virgin&Delta Access Key, one must book between March 11, 2024 and April 7, 2024 for a voyage meeting the following criteria:

• Depart between March 11, 2024 and October 29, 2025 (inclusive) on any of our Lady Ships

- But excluding New Year’s Eve voyages scheduled to depart on the following dates:
                 ◦ Resilient Lady: December 28, 2024
                 ◦ Scarlet Lady: December 28, 2024
                 ◦ Valiant Lady: December 30, 2024

• be booked with the Recipient as the ‘Primary Sailor’; and 
  • otherwise comply with these Terms (together an “Eligible Voyage”).

(b) Virgin Voyages reserves the right to block additional holiday sailings. As of the promulgation of these terms and conditions, final dates have not been determined other than those above.

(c) If any change to a booking made using the Virgin&Delta Access Key causes the booking to cease to be for an Eligible Voyage, the Recipient will be responsible for the cost of the re-booked voyage, plus applicable taxes, fees, surcharges and re-booking fees.

4. To receive the Access Key, The Recipient must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of travel and the Recipient and any additional guest(s) must each satisfy Virgin Voyages’ additional requirements for passage as set forth in the Virgin Voyages Additional Terms and Conditions at https://www.virginvoyages.com/addl-terms-and-conditions. Must be 21 years of age or older to use the Bar Tab for alcoholic beverages.     

5. The Virgin&Delta Access Key is not transferable, is nonrefundable and not replaceable. It has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Recipients and their guests must travel on the same voyage to be eligible for the offer. 

6. Virgin&Delta Access Keys may be redeemed for an Eligible Voyage made via the website or via a travel agent and in accordance with the instructions provided by Virgin Voyages. 

7. Virgin&Delta Access Keys may not be used and are not applicable for charters; nor may they be used for customized Circle programs (i.e., a value-add Circle).

8. Any tax liability, including disclosure obligations, connected with the receipt or use of a Virgin&Delta Access Key is the Recipient’s sole responsibility and liability.

9. Selling or bartering of any Access Key or offering any Access Key in exchange for any consideration is strictly prohibited. The Virgin&Delta Access Key is void if transferred or sold for cash or other consideration.

• Thanks 1

I got this email from Delta being a Skymiles member. I clicked on the link from the email and checked out some cruises. Where can I see the bar tab that we are getting? I find it confusing. I am used to other cruiselines where I can buy a drink package or it is included.

14 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

I got this email from Delta being a Skymiles member. I clicked on the link from the email and checked out some cruises. Where can I see the bar tab that we are getting? I find it confusing. I am used to other cruiselines where I can buy a drink package or it is included.

You won’t see it applied until after booking. But the amount you should expect is in the post above.

How exactly do you use this offer?  Is it an access key to enter when booking the cruise?  I am a sky miles member... I also have used the access key before with Virgin, so familiar with that, but cant seem to find this "offer" anywhere...

Thanks for the help!!

3 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

How exactly do you use this offer?  Is it an access key to enter when booking the cruise?  I am a sky miles member... I also have used the access key before with Virgin, so familiar with that, but cant seem to find this "offer" anywhere...

Thanks for the help!!

Just figured it out....You enter Virgin&Delta in the access key section when booking.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 5:46 PM, TeresaJ said:

There are no drink packages on VV, but the bar tab concept is a lot more flexible  and, unless you are a heavy drinker, cheaper.  In addition, most recent bookings have included a complimentary bar tab in various amounts.  The email should tell you what is included.  If you are not getting a bar complimentary bar tab or you feel it is not enough, you can purchase bar tab in advance.  Depending on the amount you purchase, you will get a bonus added based on the amount you purchase and any loyalty status you have (ranges from $10 on $100 purchase to $125 on $300 purchase with top loyalty status).  The down side to a bar tab is a "use it or lose it," so if you don't think you will spend a given amount, don't buy it.  If it is complimentary, it doesn't matter.

On past cruises we have been able to purchase unopened bottles of wine from room service and take those home.  Yes, we could buy the same wine for a lot less at home, but this is "free" as it is with complimentary bar tab.  Makes a good hostess gift if nothing else.  You do need to be aware of the regulations in your disembarkation port.

• Like 1

Thank you. I understand that VV does not have a drink package.  I was asking where I can actually see the bar tab I'm getting with this promo when I attempt to book.  I am leery because it does not show anything on the checkout screen and I want to see what I'm actually receiving and have confirmation of that before putting down a deposit.

8 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

Thank you. I understand that VV does not have a drink package.  I was asking where I can actually see the bar tab I'm getting with this promo when I attempt to book.  I am leery because it does not show anything on the checkout screen and I want to see what I'm actually receiving and have confirmation of that before putting down a deposit.

Ours showed up before we'd paid anything. Once I put the code into the Access Key box, it was added automatically.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

You or your TA must apply the access key prior to completion of the booking. You should be able to see it after application 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 10:24 AM, DCGuy64 said:

Yes, it's listed in mine.

Interesting. My booking shows the access key was used but the doubled bar tab does not reflect in my add-ons.

Edited by brandneweyez
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 5:13 AM, brandneweyez said:

Interesting. My booking shows the access key was used but the doubled bar tab does not reflect in my add-ons.

Same for me

On 3/30/2024 at 5:54 AM, dvt8 said:

Same for me

If you used a First Mate, ask them to investigate. Sometimes things will show on the confirmation they can download for you that don't show on the app.  If you booked directly, call Sailor Services.

• Like 1

This is the first time, to my knowledge, that Delta and Virgin have run this. It started with Branson getting on a Delta flight and giving everyone onthe flight a free cruise, Oprah-style!

I would not be surprised to see more.

Delta sent out an email to their Skymiles members announcing it.

The interesting thing with this one is you need to enter the access code in at the time of booking, but you don't really need to be a Skymiles member until you board.It's free and only takes a minute or two to join.

It's hard to keep up with all the promotions that come and go. The best way to keep track is to 1) haunt this forum, 2) haunt the Virgin subreddit, or 3) find a TA who books a lot of Virgin and ask them to keep you informed.

• Like 4

On 3/11/2024 at 4:47 PM, Gretchendz said:

Good through April 7, new bookings only. Doubles the Bar Tab on many sailings. The fare is really no different.

Exclusive for SkyMiles Members, get 60% off your second Sailor and up to $800 in free drinks (depending on sailing length) on an Eligible Voyage. Every voyage includes dining at 20+ eateries with Michelin star chef-curated menus, unlimited fitness classes, world-class entertainment, and more. Enter “Virgin&Delta” in the access key field when booking your voyage by April 7th.

Virgin Voyages is partnering with Delta SkyMiles with a special offer exclusively for their members. You may have a Sailor who is also a Delta SkyMiles member who will reach out with an access key to take advantage of this very special offer.  Just note: proof of SkyMiles membership will be required when Sailors arrive at the terminal to sail.

Terms:

These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to the use of Access Keys in connection with the Virgin Voyages - Delta Skymiles Member Enhanced Bar Tab Offer (“Virgin&Delta Access Keys”). By participating in this Offer, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not permitted to use the Virgin&Delta Access Key. These Terms are in addition to Delta’s terms and conditions.  

1. Any Delta Skymiles Member who is a U.S. resident over the age of 21 is eligible to receive a multi-use Access Key. 

2. A Virgin&Delta Access Key:

(a) will grant the Recipient, while on an Eligible Voyage, 60% off the second sailor’s Voyage Fare and the following enhanced Bar Tab amounts:

• $800 for voyages of fourteen (14) or more nights’ duration
  • $400 for voyages of seven (7) to thirteen (13) nights’ (inclusive) duration
  • $200 for voyages of four (4) to six (6) nights’ (inclusive) duration

(b) The Bar Tab will be added to the lead passenger’s (i.e., “Sailor” in our marketing voice) folio. The Bar Tab does not apply to the following cabins: The Insider Meta Category, Sea View Meta Category, Lock It In Rate Ltd View Sea Terrace, and Mega Rockstar Quarters.

(c) Eligible Cabins, Percentage Off Only cabins in the Sea Terrace Meta Category cabins, The Sea View, Lock It In Rate Sea View, The Insider, and Lock It In Rate insider cabins are eligible for the percentage off in the ”Wave 2024” Offer. The Sea Terrace Meta Category includes the following cabins: XL Sea Terrace, Central Sea Terrace, The Sea Terrace, Ltd View Sea Terrace, and the Lock It In Rate, Ltd View Sea Terrace. The Sailors to whom the two bookings apply must travel in the same cabin.

(d) can only be used for voyage redemption by the Recipient, and is not transferable; and

(e) cannot be combined with any other discounts, special offers, or promotions.  

3. Important Dates and Eligible Voyages.

(a) To be eligible for redemption of the Virgin&Delta Access Key, one must book between March 11, 2024 and April 7, 2024 for a voyage meeting the following criteria:

• Depart between March 11, 2024 and October 29, 2025 (inclusive) on any of our Lady Ships

- But excluding New Year’s Eve voyages scheduled to depart on the following dates:
                 ◦ Resilient Lady: December 28, 2024
                 ◦ Scarlet Lady: December 28, 2024
                 ◦ Valiant Lady: December 30, 2024

• be booked with the Recipient as the ‘Primary Sailor’; and 
  • otherwise comply with these Terms (together an “Eligible Voyage”).

(b) Virgin Voyages reserves the right to block additional holiday sailings. As of the promulgation of these terms and conditions, final dates have not been determined other than those above.

(c) If any change to a booking made using the Virgin&Delta Access Key causes the booking to cease to be for an Eligible Voyage, the Recipient will be responsible for the cost of the re-booked voyage, plus applicable taxes, fees, surcharges and re-booking fees.

4. To receive the Access Key, The Recipient must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of travel and the Recipient and any additional guest(s) must each satisfy Virgin Voyages’ additional requirements for passage as set forth in the Virgin Voyages Additional Terms and Conditions at https://www.virginvoyages.com/addl-terms-and-conditions. Must be 21 years of age or older to use the Bar Tab for alcoholic beverages.     

5. The Virgin&Delta Access Key is not transferable, is nonrefundable and not replaceable. It has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Recipients and their guests must travel on the same voyage to be eligible for the offer. 

6. Virgin&Delta Access Keys may be redeemed for an Eligible Voyage made via the website or via a travel agent and in accordance with the instructions provided by Virgin Voyages. 

7. Virgin&Delta Access Keys may not be used and are not applicable for charters; nor may they be used for customized Circle programs (i.e., a value-add Circle).

8. Any tax liability, including disclosure obligations, connected with the receipt or use of a Virgin&Delta Access Key is the Recipient’s sole responsibility and liability.

9. Selling or bartering of any Access Key or offering any Access Key in exchange for any consideration is strictly prohibited. The Virgin&Delta Access Key is void if transferred or sold for cash or other consideration.

What if I booked my flight with Virgin Atlantic and the flight is operated by Delta?  For our cruise in June, we booked via Virgin Atlantic, but the flight is operated by Delta flying from New York to Barcelona.  

Just now, BrianB1964 said:

What if I booked my flight with Virgin Atlantic and the flight is operated by Delta?  For our cruise in June, we booked via Virgin Atlantic, but the flight is operated by Delta flying from New York to Barcelona.  

To get this promotion, you do not need to fly Delta at all. You just need a Skymiles account (the loyalty program, not the credit card). No need to have ever flown Delta. Just have your TA enter the Delta promo access code at booking. Then be ready to show proof you are a Skymiles member when you board.

1 minute ago, rebeccac said:

I would guess if you have already booked your cruise, you would have to cancel and rebook to get this offer.  

Yes...and the price on the cruise may have changed. And if you had another promotion on it, depending on when you booked, you would likely lose that too.  

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BrianB1964 said:

What is we already booked our cruise? Could this be done afterwards by calling sailor services? 

The offer said "New bookings only," If you already have a booking, you can reprice it  to see if canceling and rebooking would give you a better deal but you would lose existing perks

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1