Athens Cruise Port to Airport

mrsbos

Can anyone confirm that upon disembarking in Athens, there are many taxi's available for ride to the airport? I only see older posts from last year. I also read about George's Taxi, but now someone said he is retired. 

We have an early flight and will need to walk off around 7 AM. Just want to be very certain we don't have to prebook a car. 

Also, what can we expect to pay? Thanks so much! 

22 hours ago, mrsbos said:

Can anyone confirm that upon disembarking in Athens, there are many taxi's available for ride to the airport?

There were taxis-- I wouldn't say a plethora of taxis-- but they appeared to keep showing up. We were also on a very small ship. 

22 hours ago, mrsbos said:

We have an early flight and will need to walk off around 7 AM. Just want to be very certain we don't have to prebook a car. 

Also, what can we expect to pay? Thanks so much! 

We had something similar-- early flight and first ones off. We prebooked through an app called Blacklane for a livery car. It was more expensive than a taxi but to make sure we didn't miss the flight it felt fine-- Mercedes S Class standing by with the driver as soon as we disembarked. Was about 110 Euro all in with gratuity. I think a taxi is about half that. 

You can also call a taxi through the Uber app-- not sure if you have to pay them through it or not (because we didnt use it that way) but I was told you could call a cab that way. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 12:29 PM, mrsbos said:

I also read about George's Taxi, but now someone said he is retired. 

George's Taxi started out as one taxi driven by George Kokkotos.  He became "famous" on various websites when he started giving tours to tourists (us among many).  Over the years, his sons expanded the company into a full service transfer/tour company.  George retired a few years ago, but his company is going strong.

https://www.georgestaxi.com/worldfamous/

Edited by marazul
  • Like 2

Debarked last Friday: There were many, many taxis. The line went through all the port area at terminal C and there was even an overflow of taxis on the street outside the gate. 

• Like 1