Great Britain Cruise vs. Land

Tsunami74

11 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Hopefully we have quiet neighbours 😜

My current worry, after reading all the comments about lack of sound proofing on Vista. I shall be distraught if my sleep is disturbed. We've got ear plugs and herself has just bought a "white noise" thingy, so fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

When we were in our twenties we rented a car and drove a figure eight from London, Cotswolds, Oxford,  Lake district, Edinburgh, Balmoral, Loch Ness, Oban, York, Cambridge etc. It took two weeks and we had many merry and scary adventures ( especially driving past sheep and over humpback bridges.) Since then we have taken two wonderful Princess cruises around England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland. So easy and relaxing. But we saw tons that would have been difficult to see driving like Lands End, the coast of Wales, London Derry and the Giants Causeway. Also they got us tickets to see the Military Tattoo ( amazing) in Edinburgh. We came into the UK a week early and stayed in London as a base to see Stonehenge and Bath and the Cathedrale. In our seventies now , we recently took another cruise out of Dover to Scotland, Bergen and Iceland. Before that trip we visited the little walled city of Rye and Hastings. It's cruising for us now. I just can't live out of a suitcase anymore. We have one that is just drugs. If you do choose a land tour. Tauck is by far the best.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

we visited the little walled city of Rye and Hastings

Lovely part of the  world. We've had several week long stays in the Rye area. Good base for trips out, with a surprising number of decent restaurants for such a small town.

On 3/19/2024 at 3:14 PM, Harters said:

V - we used to do that with our NatWest account at the time, paying additional premium for existing conditions. That is until they declined to continue to insure me because of my conditions. We moved to Staysure and then AllClear. Premium was £1400 until we had to add the States and Caribbean for six days , then it doubled. Renewal is just about due and they are offering a 20% discount and we'll able to reduce it further as we won'tneed the States and a couple of medical issues are now resolved. But it'll still be an eye-wateringly big outlay. 

eek! That's huge. 

Fortunately I've just found out that the possible health condition (cardiac) has now been ruled out and I've been signed off, so I'm hoping there won't be too much of a jump - we're with Nationwide and haven't had to pay so far for certain health conditions. 

2 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

eek! That's huge. 

We've renewed with All Clear and there's been a big reduction so it's now down to £1000. We've taken off cruising (won't need it for the next 12 months) and taken off cover for the States, so much more reasonable. I suspect long haul holidays are now over for us. A shame -  but we can't complain as we've been fortunate to have many of them over the decades. 

• Like 1