a magnificent LIVE Review... MSC Magnifica... March 18, 2024 - March 22, 2024

rrraydon

43 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Glad you made it to Miami. Thanks for sharing. I hope your first solo is turning out well.  

Thank you so much! This cruise is awesome, I’m having a great first solo cruise! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

MSC’s loyalty program isn’t that great. As RC Diamond+, I matched in to their gold status. The two benefits worth anything imo are: the 1 hr spa time in the steams and the heated tubs… and some kind of gift to be left in your cabin. I haven’t seen a gift (no biggie) and I did the spa today. It was ok but I would not spend money on it.

IMG_3222.jpeg

IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3227.jpeg

IMG_3223.jpeg

IMG_3224.jpeg

IMG_3225.jpeg

IMG_3221.jpeg

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3219.jpeg

IMG_3220.jpeg

IMG_3228.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I wanted to mention some things about the cabin. The bathroom and shower area is comparable to the bathrooms on the other insides on other lines. There is body wash and shampoo in the shower. The soap at the sink is liquid, no bar soap. 

There is a hair dryer. It only stays running if you hold the button in. There is EU plugs as well as US. 

They clean the cabins in the morning and turn down in the evenings. No towel animals, no mints. 

Edited by rrraydon

Posted (edited)

Also, if you’re a cabin door decorator…forget about it. The doors are not magnetic. I did notice someone placed a magnet on the wall to the side of their door in the hallway. 

I decorated the outside of the bathroom door and the walls in the cabin with my magnets. 

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg

Edited by rrraydon

Posted (edited)

Good morning! Last day of the cruise. 😔

I woke up this morning with a back ache and decided to stay onboard rather than walk around Nassau…a port I’ve been to numerous times anyway. I plan to get some sun out on deck so at least it looks like I’ve been to the Caribbean. Yesterday there was a lot of chair hogs out and no way to get a seat. 

it’s pretty empty out here on deck this morning. A lady just walked (hobbled) by with a boot on her foot and it got me to thinking…. I haven’t seen not one scooter on this ship. Surprising…..

i just went online and purchased an upgrade to my seat on the flight home for $14. I need to try to get a nap in before my overnight shift tomorrow night. On my flight over on Sunday all of the exit row large seats with extra space was empty. They would allow anyone to sit in them if you hadn’t paid extra to. Luckily I did get assigned an aisle seat, but that is still not enough room to get a nap in. My flight is at 11am and I plan to get off with my carry on at about 8:30a and take an Uber to MIA. Fingers crossed all goes as planned…..

Now I’m going to drink this morning Mimosa and head out to the sun! The down side…on MSC, I can’t take my mimosa over to the hot tub and relax with my drink. No drinks allowed in the pool area at all. I found that out yesterday first hand! lol 

image.jpg

IMG_3301.jpeg

IMG_3300.jpeg

IMG_3299.jpeg

Edited by rrraydon

Posted (edited)

Beautiful day spent on deck…I had to try a gelato too…lemon, yum!!

They’re starting to come back onboard though!

IMG_3302.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_3309.jpeg

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3307.jpeg

Edited by rrraydon

This was on my bed this afternoon. Good way for them to keep track of their pool towels. There were 2 towels on my bed when I walked in to the cabin on day one. The ship is leaving it up to the passengers to make sure the same number of pool towels are in the cabin when you walk off. 

IMG_3312.jpeg

On 3/19/2024 at 12:19 PM, rrraydon said:

This island, although still a work in progress, is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Beautiful pictures.  Thank You for sharing.  What was in the gold pineapples?

1 hour ago, Lupush said:

Beautiful pictures.  Thank You for sharing.  What was in the gold pineapples?

You’re welcome!

That was an option to purchase your drink in. I wish I had asked how much it would have been.