Kids in the Yacht Club Live Thread?

Posted (edited)
LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

FamilyAtSea.travel was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I'll be cruising on the Seascape in the YC with my wife and 9 and 7 year old kids starting Saturday (March 23)... Are there any families in here who would be interested in the experience from a family's perspective?

Figured I would ask before I put the time and effort into it.

Edited by CruisematicVA
  • Like 1

Just now, Two Wheels Only said:

Any review that shows that children are welcome and well-behaved in the Yacht Club would always be appreciated. 

There's even a late night party on the YC sundeck with music and dancing for the kids and adults. 

I'm fortunate and grateful to have really well-behaved kids, so hopefully they will be welcome!

I'm sure we'll spend a lot more time outside the YC than most would since that's where the fun is for them, but I think it may be interesting to share how things are in the YC for them (i.e. kid-friendly food, just how welcome they are by, both by staff and other passengers, etc).

• Like 1

If they like milkshakes, make sure they ask the bartenders.  They don’t advertise them on menus but definitely make them for the kids.  There is not any soft serve ice cream in the YC…just an FYI.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UWGRAD1 said:

If they like milkshakes, make sure they ask the bartenders.  They don’t advertise them on menus but definitely make them for the kids.  There is not any soft serve ice cream in the YC…just an FYI.  

My kids will love to hear that...thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

I’ve seen the way the YC crew fuss over kids.  These are people who are away from their own families for months at a time, so they love interacting with passengers’ kids. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

I’ve seen the way the YC crew fuss over kids.  These are people who are away from their own families for months at a time, so they love interacting with passengers’ kids. 

That's great to hear... Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Any review that shows that children are welcome and well-behaved in the Yacht Club would always be appreciated. 

There's even a late night party on the YC sundeck with music and dancing for the kids and adults. 

On the Meravigilia this past week, there were numerous kids of varying ages in the YC.  I would say most if not all were well behaved.  There were one or two toddlers, and maybe heard one or two cries and the parents either removed them from the dining room or immediately settled them down.  

• Like 2

My kids are now 5 and 3 and we are on World Europa YC next week (3rd time with kids). Staff are amazing both in YC and also in the Kids Club (needed for them to burn off energy!)

At dinner there were some other cruisers who preferred to be sat away from families which is understandable, we were always in early and had as ‘our table’ a really lovely table by the window where we could entertain the kids with iPads and headphones so they were well behaved (an hour in the pool / jacuzzi beforehand suitably tired them out 🙂 )

I guess my post is more to provide pre-cruise reassurance- would love to see a live thread!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update the thread - we are now on World Europa, some ship this!

Plenty of kids in YC this week. My kids are both in Kids Club right now - our 3 year old is *not quite* 100% out of nappies but they happily let her in the kids club proper and gave me an onboard phone which they will call me on in case of an accident.

Kids club hours are 9-8 (or later!) every day, mine go in for a couple of hours in the afternoon before jumping into the hot tub to tire them out before dinner.

The kids club setup is definitely a step up from our Grandiosa trip last Oct.