New cruiser on Seaview / fixed dining?

MissMisto130

Please help! I am booked to go on the seaview April 14 to the Mediterranean. I am on “fantastica” which says free room service, free delivery, free mineral water, and names 4 complimentary restaurants (the 2 main DR and 2 buffets). I was reading another thread here which I cannot find, which stated that you are given a dining time and dining room for dinner, and cannot switch DR or time for the entire cruise. 

from what I see, Bella is the only ones truly “forced” and fantastica are given a time but they can change based on availability.

if we are given a time (like 22:00!!) that will not work, what are the options? Simply room service or go without? For some reason, I was under the impression you could just stroll in to the buffets anytime and eat, whenever you’re hungry. Is this true ? Or is it only the main DR that have set times for dinner? 

thank you! 

Room service continental breakfast items are included;  room service delivery is included but there is a charge for items (€6 for 2 plates last time I sailed). 

You will be assigned a time, MDR and table.  If the time assigned doesn’t suit, you can meet with the m’D on embarkation at an allocated venue on the day.  Be prepared for a queue - lots of people try to change their allocations during this time. 

The buffet will have set times for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  You can go anytime between the times listed on the daily planner.  There are also snacks available in between these times and pizza is available all day until late in the night (times also listed on the planner). 

Here’s an example of the room service menus (prices may have changed)

MSCRoomServicePizzaMenu.thumb.jpg.b31d83db7b4bb81e8c1b51523fc4e0f1.jpg

MSCRoomServiceMenu.thumb.jpg.98b9bf5eb18baee63dc1a9660d2406eb.jpg

Thank you so much for your reply! 

i don’t suppose you happen to know why wifi isn’t showing up on either the app or the MSc web page? It showed months ago but I have checked every day for the last 2 weeks now that I’ve decided what to buy and to prepay and it is simply not there. There is photos, laundry and it completely skips wifi. I even tried to get in via a back door but I get an error message. At first I thought maybe they were updating the system or pricing but it’s been at least 2 weeks!! Should I call or keep waiting? 

I’m not surprised about the app.  We always have issues - either the itinerary won’t show or, recently, we couldn’t access any of the ‘Things to Do’ to add to the cruise.  However, there shouldn’t be an issue on the website.  Having said that, you’ll find (if you were to search) that there are lots of threads here about how poor the MSC website is.  🙄