Civitavecchia - how to get into Rome and back - NCL Escape 26Jun2024

RoLyWe

Looking for information regarding best options for touring Rome to include the Vatican City, St Peter's Basilica and possibly Colosseum as well. I am concerned about finding a reliable tour company which would pick us up at the port and get us back in time if we don't book through NCL. Looking for recommendations.

17 minutes ago, RoLyWe said:

Looking for information regarding best options for touring Rome to include the Vatican City, St Peter's Basilica and possibly Colosseum as well. I am concerned about finding a reliable tour company which would pick us up at the port and get us back in time if we don't book through NCL. Looking for recommendations.

Have you looked around the board? There are many threads here recommending tour companies. Rome in Limo is one we have used about 8 times...high quality operation, very customer oriented. Huge thread down the board filled with recommendations.

The bigger issue might be you are a little late getting into the booking process.

45 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you looked around the board? There are many threads here recommending tour companies. Rome in Limo is one we have used about 8 times...high quality operation, very customer oriented. Huge thread down the board filled with recommendations.

The bigger issue might be you are a little late getting into the booking process.

Thanks. I looked for the port and didn't see anything for those who are there only for a day. I did see a few comments within the particular cruise threat but the ones I saw didn't indicate whether they would pick you up at the port, and if there was an issue getting off the ship. Not sure how the prioritize when people can disembark.

1 hour ago, RoLyWe said:

Thanks. I looked for the port and didn't see anything for those who are there only for a day. I did see a few comments within the particular cruise threat but the ones I saw didn't indicate whether they would pick you up at the port, and if there was an issue getting off the ship. Not sure how the prioritize when people can disembark.

There won't be any issue getting off the ship. Most, if not all, the vendors frequently mentioned here will come to the port.

17 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

There won't be any issue getting off the ship. Most, if not all, the vendors frequently mentioned here will come to the port.

Thank you. I've never cruised where the attractions are so far from the port so just wanted to make sure. I appreciate your input, having sailed often and your experience with Rome in Limo. Will reach out to them ASAP.