Rough start to Haven.

14 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It is possible that the room stewards are told not to remove or dispose of personal items left in a room, but to clean around them, report them to their supervisor and let the appropriate staff take care of them.

I highly doubt NCL instructs staff to report/keep toiletries left by guests. I doubt even more any passenger will reach out to NCL about the tooth brush they left in cabin. 

Am finding the back and forth on this thread entertaining. I do not feel a dirty room is ever acceptable, but would bring it to the attention of my steward and expect it to be cleaned. Once I found a very long dark hair in my shower and thought it was just gross and knew it didn't belong to the short-haired steward. Just used a tissue to get rid of it...

Cabin should be cleaned and last pax's stuff shouldn't be there. I think that's a reasonable expectation. Deep cleaned? Don't exactly know what that entails but they're doing lots of cabins in a very short time. As such, I don't think cabins are "deep cleaned" unless someone had an ummmm accident of some sort on the prior cruise. I always bring my own wipes, Clorox spray, etc. It may not do much but I feel better after I've cleaned the door handles, etc. (I do this every day after the room steward has cleaned).