Explora 2 vs Crystal Serenity

magnus1977

Then again, I am currently on Regent, and Regent beats them both.

Newer ships, no TAs or bloggers, a culture of yes we can, French milled bread, a decent complementary wine list, varying menus ( even the Italian specialty varies), great Illy coffee, good enrichment speakers, caviar Sundays, brunches, and stateroom block parties, 

Only negative has been the included excursions and most cruise lines have issues here. 

Next sailing is Crystal in June. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Newer ships, no TAs or bloggers, a culture of yes we can, French milled bread, a decent complementary wine list, varying menus ( even the Italian specialty varies), great Illy coffee, good enrichment speakers, caviar Sundays, brunches, and stateroom block parties, 

Only negative has been the included excursions and most cruise lines have issues here. 

Thanks Paul  good info

9 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree on the ranking although they do have some nice things on some of their ships and we enjoyed our cruise on Explorer back in November although there were some things that needed a little coaching before they got them right - but to their credit they listened and did act to fix them 

I’d put a big caveat on that assessment as well as they have a variety of ships with a variety of features available on them 

Glad you like things like the Block Party - not our idea of fun but thankfully it is entirely optional 

Let me assure you they host TAs on their ships all the time - not sure if they’ve joined in the influencer strategy though

For us Regent is #3 or 4 on our list - which is entirely subjective - and they’re perfectly acceptable for us to cruise with again but not as attractive as a package for us as Crystal

& Explora 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Who is the pianist you’re referring to on Crystal Serenity - she’s certainly not on there now and hasn’t been on for at least 3-4 weeks. Maybe she came on as a guest entertainer as opposed to a resident artist in the Cove/Palm Court

She departed the day you came on board.  Ask Rick about her.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree on the ranking although they do have some nice things on some of their ships and we enjoyed our cruise on Explorer back in November although there were some things that needed a little coaching before they got them right - but to their credit they listened and did act to fix them 

I’d put a big caveat on that assessment as well as they have a variety of ships with a variety of features available on them 

Glad you like things like the Block Party - not our idea of fun but thankfully it is entirely optional 

Let me assure you they host TAs on their ships all the time - not sure if they’ve joined in the influencer strategy though

For us Regent is #3 or 4 on our list - which is entirely subjective - and they’re perfectly acceptable for us to cruise with again but not as attractive as a package for us as Crystal

& Explora 

For us it is still about itinerary more than anything.  Some lines are better than others and with more ships, likely we’ll find something we like on Seabourn, Regent, SS rather than Crystal or Explora.  But it’s nice to have choices and you can see we are spread among them all for 2024 and 2025. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 11:37 PM, PaulMCO said:

I was considering Explora, maybe I should stick to Regent.

How would you say the food on Explora compares to Regent?

5 minutes ago, mango puddin said:

Food is such a subjective topic but imho theres no comparison - Explora wins hands down - higher quality ingredients and more consistent preparation and service across the board 

I base this on having sailed Explora last September and Regent Explorer last November 

Of course you won’t starve on either line but if your making the decision based on dining then Explora wins 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Food is such a subjective topic but imho theres no comparison - Explora wins hands down - higher quality ingredients and more consistent preparation and service across the board 

I base this on having sailed Explora last September and Regent Explorer last November 

Of course you won’t starve on either line but if your making the decision based on dining then Explora wins 

Just went on the oceana vista in february and was on the explora journeys Last october hands down explore a journey is a food paradise, absolutely spectacular.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Thank you for the info!

I think we may have been on the same Regent Explorer cruise in November. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Stickman you obviously have seen me on this board and I am thinking of a new journey 

Is there a way I am able to make contact with you. I'm not even sure what country you are in 

All the best to you 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Stickman you obviously have seen me on this board and I am thinking of a new journey 

Is there a way I am able to make contact with you. I'm not even sure what country you are in

Happy to chat and share knowledge - you can email me on stickman “at symbol” exemail.com.au - my email should be visible in my signature if you're viewing the post on a PC. I look forward to hearing from you 

I live in Australia

8 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Happy to chat and share knowledge - you can email me on stickman “at symbol” exemail.com.au - my email should be visible in my signature if you're viewing the post on a PC. I look forward to hearing from you 

I live in Australia

I am currently in California with family at Disneyland. I will connect with you later in week after our return.  I look forward to connecting with you 

On 4/14/2024 at 7:42 PM, mango puddin said:

I will disagree with Terry but as he said food is subjective, but just one element.

Also Explorer on Regent as our last cruise which we just returned and Explora in January. 

Would I go on Explora again -- yes we are in January

Would I go on Regent again - yes we are in August.

• Like 2

I will disagree with Terry but as he said food is subjective, but just one element.

Also Explorer on Regent as our last cruise which we just returned and Explora in January. 

Paul what date I'm january on EJ

What date in January thanks I'm working on a possible  booking in January