Parking price for Miami Weekend Cruise $35 dollars a night

Just got off Freedom of the Seas. Even though we checked the parking price on Port Miami's website as well as Royals FAQ, we were surprised to see $35 a night parking price to get away fora weekend cruise. ( We thought it was 25 to 28 ) Oh..  And don't get there late as Royal terminal fills up fast. You will end up half way down the port in Terminal D ( Overflow parking 22 a day ) and, have to wait for a shuttle to get back. Just making sure you know. RoyalParking.thumb.jpg.a14d48b87629ced67ab17f4db1d14f50.jpg

Prices are set by Port of Miami, not RCCL.

That's their current day rate regardless of length of cruise.

Unfortunately there are few nearby offsite parking lots with decent reputation.

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Every off site place I looked at has lots of busted car windows in the reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unless the PortMiami website is incorrect, Rccl does in fact set the price for parking in Terminal A. That is why every other lot is $22 and A is $35.

Next time, park in Terminal B and walk. It is $22 a day and easy enough to walk without waiting on a shuttle. Just drop your bags off with a porter first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cbostic817 said:

Just got off Freedom of the Seas. Even though we checked the parking price on Port Miami's website as well as Royals FAQ, we were surprised to see $35 a night parking price to get away fora weekend cruise. ( We thought it was 25 to 28 ) Oh..  And don't get there late as Royal terminal fills up fast. You will end up half way down the port in Terminal D ( Overflow parking 22 a day ) and, have to wait for a shuttle to get back. Just making sure you know. RoyalParking.thumb.jpg.a14d48b87629ced67ab17f4db1d14f50.jpg

The last several times I have cruised out of Miami from Terminal A I have parked in Parking Garage D since it is significantly cheaper ($13 less per day). I am in my late 50s and it is an easy 10 minute walk from Parking Garage D to Terminal A. However, I understand a 10 minute walk is not easy for some people for many reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Unless the PortMiami website is incorrect, Rccl does in fact set the price for parking in Terminal A. That is why every other lot is $22 and A is $35.

Next time, park in Terminal B and walk. It is $22 a day and easy enough to walk without waiting on a shuttle. Just drop your bags off with a porter first. 

Good idea but this approach only works if NCL has a ship in port the same day your cruise begins and ends. On days NCL does not have a ship in port the entrance and exit to the parking garage for Terminal B are usually blocked. 

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

Good idea but this approach only works if NCL has a ship in port the same day your cruise begins and ends. On days NCL does not have a ship in port the entrance and exit to the parking garage for Terminal B are usually blocked. 

That's good to know, I would have been upset to return and not been able to get to my vehicle 😆. I'll make sure in the future a NCL ship will be there when I return, if not I have also done the walk from D when doing a side to side so will make the slightly longer journey.

16 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I can understand the garage entrance being blocked if no ship is in port, but are you certain it is also impossible to exit?  Imagine someone is parked for an NCL cruise and the is cruise interrupted by family emergency.  Having flown back to Florida early, you really think they would not be able to get their vehicle out of the POM parking garage? They would be told tough cheese…. come back when there is a ship docked🤪.  That seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

I can understand the garage entrance being blocked if no ship is in port, but are you certain it is also impossible to exit?  Imagine someone is parked for an NCL cruise and the is cruise interrupted by family emergency.  Having flown back to Florida early, you really think they would not be able to get their vehicle out of the POM parking garage? They would be told tough cheese…. come back when there is a ship docked🤪.  That seems unlikely.

I cruise out of Port Miami regularly and was there as recently as last Friday (no NCL ship in port). Both the entrance and exit to the parking garage were blocked. If the exit wasn’t blocked anyone could easily enter the parking garage and park there, especially considering there is never any port staff around the parking garage and terminal on days when there isn’t a ship in port. In the emergency situation you described, NCL would likely make arrangements with the port if the family needed to get their car early. 

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I am a little surprised to hear this also.  A year ago we were down at Miami and it was an absolute disaster by noon- total gridlock and all the garages were filling up.  (I suspect that arrival time was the big mistake.)  Everyone was just parking in whatever garage had space (I had to yell out the car window to people walking to eventually identify a garage that had space... which ended up being quite a distance from the ship.) The last thought on my mind or anyone else's was whether the garage would be open when we got back, we were just happy to find a spot.

After all that I ended up hiking on 6 inches of grass between a fence and the road, traversing a giant ditch, and crossing a multi-lane road with no crosswalk.  Now, there were people lined up outside the garage- seemingly waiting on a shuttle- but when I asked, none of them knew if there actually was a shuttle or what ships it would go to.  

On 3/19/2024 at 12:08 PM, crewsweeper said:

Not true. Port price is $25. Royals terminal A is regulated by Royal. They can charge their own rates. Independence has cheaper parking rate because they don’t dock at terminal A. My son work at royal

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 12:59 PM, jam19872016 said:

Just left from parking garage G today from explorer. The rate is $22 a day.

find one closer to your ship and use that one Royal is charging an arm and leg to park in there garage. Just don’t do it.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:01 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

The last several times I have cruised out of Miami from Terminal A I have parked in Parking Garage D since it is significantly cheaper ($13 less per day). I am in my late 50s and it is an easy 10 minute walk from Parking Garage D to Terminal A. However, I understand a 10 minute walk is not easy for some people for many reasons. 

Is parking garage D always available to park in or does it lock down like garage B?