Transfer/ Tour from Yokohama at end of cruise

We are booked on 14 day circle of Japan next year and considering whether to get morning flights back to UK which will necessitate an additional day in Tokyo or a very late evening flight. Does anyone know if HAL offer end of cruise tour and transfer back to airport as a excursion.

I can't remember whether HAL offered a tour + transfer. If they did, I believe it was to Tokyo (where I've already visited several times) so I didn't pay attention.

However, someone on the roll call arranged a taxi tour that took us to several spots in Kamakura, a really delightful place with a lot of temples and shrines to visit. (It was once Japan's capital, before Kyoto.)  Most people know about the giant Buddha statue but there is a lot more to see.

Of course, we were all flying out of Haneda, and Kamakura is close by. It may be different if you're flying from Narita.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I can't remember whether HAL offered a tour + transfer. If they did, I believe it was to Tokyo (where I've already visited several times) so I didn't pay attention.

However, someone on the roll call arranged a taxi tour that took us to several spots in Kamakura, a really delightful place with a lot of temples and shrines to visit. (It was once Japan's capital, before Kyoto.)  Most people know about the giant Buddha statue but there is a lot more to see.

Of course, we were all flying out of Haneda, and Kamakura is close by. It may be different if you're flying from Narita.

What time did they drop you at airport & what time was your flight departure?

Holland has transfers and excursions, but I don't know the time for the transfer.  However, you might check out options for your day at HND airport if you don't want to do an excursion.  Keep in mind their airports are not like American airports.  At HND there is an Onsen attached to Hotel Villa Fontaine and you can purchase the Onsen without booking a hotel room.  Also at HND airport, there are luggage lockers to store your stuff because you probably would not be able to do a check in at your airline.  They also have quiet areas and sleeping rooms and more.  I think when I was researching a hotel for our LATE arrival into HND, they also had rooms booked for hours vs entire day and that might be a good option.  There are many shopping places on the non secured side.  I don't know about you, but at the end of my cruise, I sometimes am not interested in another excursion, so I bring this up as an option.  I have booked day rooms at hotels so I thought I would mention it.  

• Like 1

I meant to mention that the HAL transfer to HND is $49 pp.  A cab will probably cost you close to that if you don't want to hassle with the bus or rail.  

53 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

Holland has transfers and excursions, but I don't know the time for the transfer.  However, you might check out options for your day at HND airport if you don't want to do an excursion.  Keep in mind their airports are not like American airports.  At HND there is an Onsen attached to Hotel Villa Fontaine and you can purchase the Onsen without booking a hotel room.  Also at HND airport, there are luggage lockers to store your stuff because you probably would not be able to do a check in at your airline.  They also have quiet areas and sleeping rooms and more.  I think when I was researching a hotel for our LATE arrival into HND, they also had rooms booked for hours vs entire day and that might be a good option.  There are many shopping places on the non secured side.  I don't know about you, but at the end of my cruise, I sometimes am not interested in another excursion, so I bring this up as an option.  I have booked day rooms at hotels so I thought I would mention it.  

Thanks, we would be going back to uk, flights not until 23.55 so whichever way I look at it sitting around airport for 8/9 hours is not appealing. Probably do overnight in Yokohama or near airport and take morning flights but not travelling until next year so plenty of time to consider 

• Like 1

I was on Westerdam last year disembarked on March 27 and purchased the HAL transfer /tour Yokohama to Haneda - it included Tokyo panoramic tour with 2 stops Meiji Temple and Askuba.  It worked very well - luggage was with us on the bus and bus was not even half full.  If I recall correctly it was stated for passengers with flights after 5pm and dropped us off at HND around 2pm.  Only drawback some passengers were still too early to checkin for evening flights.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaileyMJ said:

If I recall correctly it was stated for passengers with flights after 5pm and dropped us off at HND around 2pm.  Only drawback some passengers were still too early to checkin for evening flights.  

Yes, that is why I mentioned the Onsen and luggage storage at the airport.  Just because the airport is open, doesn't mean the airline check in is open.  At least at HND, there are places to rest and shop and eat on the unsecured side.  I know the baggage storage is cheap.  

@cruiser man 60 As you've probably seen @Suzanne123 showed the excursions.   This still leaves a lot of time at HND and I mentioned a few things earlier.  Take a look at some you tubers vids.  There are some really good and recent vids that give the lay of the land and what to do at airport.  You are going to arrive from an excursion very early so I recommend the luggage storage and perhaps the Onsen at the Villa Fontaine.  Or, leave your luggage at the cruise terminal.  I believe Shinko Pier 8 has those, and the decide on some things to do around Tokyo after disembarkation returning to cruise terminal to collect luggage later in day and make your way to HND airport.  I'm saying this not knowing your ability to get around.  Also, you have a lot of time to figure it all out, so take a look at those vids.  Also, there are going to be a number of us heading over next month and returning the ship to Seattle in May so we'll get a lay of the land.  Feel free to reach out again, but make sure to tag me or re-post in a new thread down the line.  I just ordered yen for our trip from our bank here as our CCs have a new fee structure that is stupid. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 3:36 AM, cruiser man 60 said:

What time did they drop you at airport & what time was your flight departure?

My flight was at 6:25 pm. The taxi dropped us off around 3:00 pm at Haneda. Two of us had flights at around this time, I believe others had a later time. The taxi tour would have been amenable to extending the tour longer if desired.

• Like 1

I would highly recommend you spend some time in either Tokyo or Yokohama if you have not already done so.  So much to see.  And remember Narita is a lot farther so which airport has a big impact.